Interim anti-troll measures

• Administrator

After a wee bit of investigation, OTP4PA has been banned as a repeat troll: He is EMFuturePA, who had not previously been banned, but only placed on moderation (preapproval required for new posts).  Rather than post civil content, this individual violated the site's rule against more than one account per person.

Rather than me having to review logs and whatnot, I'm going to shortcut the process:

Any account with <1 month since creation, which starts any thread on any contentious issue, may at the discretion of any moderator be treated as a troll and banned without further discussion.

That is to say, the recent focus has been sewing resentment of NPs, but there are any number of other topics which could provide similar sport for trolls.

Members in good standing with good troll-sensing abilities are welcome to flag any such threads or posts for moderator review.

And if you just happen to be the sort who wants to engage in vigorous name calling and divisive posting: get your own site.  I just checked, and paswhohatenps.com appears to be available.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cideous said:

Contentious?  Boy that is open to interpretation.  I've been a registered poster on these boards for almost 8 years,  I might be dodging the "banhammer" myself LOL.

Hence the <1 month horizon.  Those of you who have an actual posting history have nothing to fear: long term posters who drift into unproductive territory get private messages from one of the team politely and collegially asking them to tone it down...

Archived