Free Influenza Immunizations at any local Walgreens.

I am not usually a Walgreens customer although I may consider them over my current CVS pharmacy. while reading a veteran journal or magazine, I encountered an article suggesting that veterans take advantage of a  free Flu shot with no co-pay. This, they feel is an entitlement for our service to the USA. I thought this to be a great gesture and one that all pharmacies should have. So rather than collect your co-pay on a veteran patient, consider suggesting that they get it free at Walgreens as a way of saying "thank you."

This one is to Abe. I am not a Walgreens customer or own stock in their brand so I have no personal interest. I think anytime a company does something altruistic there is an undertone of how it makes them look however they still provide the services free. I don’t understand the back part of your comment as when I go to a clinicians office, I pay a co-pay and an immunization given at the second time is a second co-pay. A visit has some degree of exam, even a BP and those are billable.

Every good deed is done for a reason whether it is to feel good or accomplished or to generate goodwill or whatever. If anyone is looking for the wholly altruistic gesture it doesn't exist. Everyone and every company does things for a reason. While I rarely avail myself of veteran's discounts and such I always appreciate the gesture and sentiment. So many of my brothers and sisters who served need so much that every little bit matters. One man's opinion...your mileage may vary.

Archived