Ohio: Lake Erie College PA Program (2018-2019 cycle)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, star52095 said:

I applied in early August and I only received verification from CASPA not from LEC. Did anyone who received an interview get an email notification that their application has been received from LEC? 

I applied early July and didn't get a confirmation either. I emailed them because I was worried they didn't get my application and I was told they are going through applications in order of how they received them. I still wish everybody got confirmation but that is how they do it I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Manda96x44 said:

I just got an email today, they sent me two dates (November 2 and December 7) I selected the earlier one but they haven't confirmed it with me yet.

Same for me now.  I also said I preferred the November 2 date so maybe I will see you there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mzinnocents123 said:

BethZ congratulations on your acceptance. How was the interview process and do you mind sharing your stats and how you prepped for it?

Hi there.  For the interview, there were about 20-24 people total and we were divided into two groups.  You have two interviews where it is you with two interviewers.  I don't know if they keep everything consistent across dates, but I interviewed first with the program director and one of their advisory board members and then with one of the professors and an graduate of the program who is on the committee.  They don't know anything about your stats, they assume if you are there you are qualified to be there, so they are just looking for personality and fit with their program.  There were no hard or trick questions at all, they just want to know who you are and how you got to this point and what you bring to their program.  The second part of the day they had six stations you rotated through, 10 minutes each station.  Each station it was two candidates with one person evaluating you.  For example, there was one station where they asked us to design an ideal ER room layout.  Another they asked you to pretend you were on the selection committee and you only had one question to ask of your partner, what would it be?  So they were more problem solving, teamwork, and social interaction type activities.

My stats are kind of weird because I am a non-traditional student so I have grades from years ago and recent grades for all of the prerequisites, but overall my GPA is 3.65 and my GRE score is above average.  But truthfully, Lake Erie is more about the people and less about the numbers.  Yes, they want you to succeed and have 100% pass rate on the PANCE, but they care equally about the community and people.

15 hours ago, BethZ said:

Hi there.  For the interview, there were about 20-24 people total and we were divided into two groups.  You have two interviews where it is you with two interviewers.  I don't know if they keep everything consistent across dates, but I interviewed first with the program director and one of their advisory board members and then with one of the professors and an graduate of the program who is on the committee.  They don't know anything about your stats, they assume if you are there you are qualified to be there, so they are just looking for personality and fit with their program.  There were no hard or trick questions at all, they just want to know who you are and how you got to this point and what you bring to their program.  The second part of the day they had six stations you rotated through, 10 minutes each station.  Each station it was two candidates with one person evaluating you.  For example, there was one station where they asked us to design an ideal ER room layout.  Another they asked you to pretend you were on the selection committee and you only had one question to ask of your partner, what would it be?  So they were more problem solving, teamwork, and social interaction type activities.

My stats are kind of weird because I am a non-traditional student so I have grades from years ago and recent grades for all of the prerequisites, but overall my GPA is 3.65 and my GRE score is above average.  But truthfully, Lake Erie is more about the people and less about the numbers.  Yes, they want you to succeed and have 100% pass rate on the PANCE, but they care equally about the community and people.

Thank you. I was so nervous about my upcoming interview but that reduces my nervousness.  

Archived