FLORIDA: Florida International University Cycle 2018-2019

11 minutes ago, klj13 said:

Best of luck! Everyone in my group didn’t do too hot so it made me feel a bit better. I also explained my terrible score in my actual interview but I liked the program a lot! The people who interviewed me were super cool and really wanted to get to know me and my personality which was refreshing and definitely less stressful. 

Thank you! Here’s hoping to becoming future classmates! 

55 minutes ago, Prepaguy23 said:

Do you already live in Miami?

I do not! I actually grew up in Coral Springs (if you’re familiar with the Florida area, if not - it’s near Fort Lauderdale) but I currently live in Southern California. So I’ll be moving early/mid July. What about you? 

Hello and congrats to those who got accepted. Recent graduate here with a quick suggestion regarding housing. Don't expect to stay in miami for all 27th months. Depending on how the program is heading, some if not everyone is required to do several rotations in the panhandle area (NW tip of Florida). Any questions regarding the staff/structure, feel free to reach out. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Could any current FIU student or grad help me with this.

Are only selected students given the HWCOM Graduate Need Grant and HWCOM Scholarships or is it all students that have EFC of 0. If not, how do I qualify for the HWCOM Grant and Scholarships?

What is the maximum amount of federal loan money given per semester to a student in this program if they have an EFC of 0?

Also do you know if any of your classmates have been given grants or scholarships by FIU. 

And what is the total cost if attendence per semester if someone could please please screenshot their financial summary it would be really helpful. 

31 minutes ago, flgirlmed said:

Are only selected students given the HWCOM Graduate Need Grant and HWCOM Scholarships or is it all students that have EFC of 0. If not, how do I qualify for the HWCOM Grant and Scholarships?

What is the maximum amount of federal loan money given per semester to a student in this program if they have an EFC of 0?

Also do you know if any of your classmates have been given grants or scholarships by FIU. 

And what is the total cost if attendence per semester if someone could please please screenshot their financial summary it would be really helpful. 

I’m not sure about the grants and scholarships but after completing FAFSA it appears the highest reward is 20.5k with just loans. You can get a graduate PLUS loan which will reward up to the total cost of attendance MINUS and aid already awarded. 

4 hours ago, flgirlmed said:

I attached what was offered for Fall and Spring so you get an idea. After each semester tuition, there was still about 10k of refund for me. It also depends on in-state vs. out-state.

Regarding the scholarships, I am unsure. It is best if you contact someone from the financial department.

image.thumb.png.cb764f682478c62fe4c1b15914462056.png