FLORIDA: Florida International University Cycle 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Prepaguy23 said:

Those waitlisted, what are your stats if you don’t mind sharing 

Sure thing!

Undergrad: BS in Exercise Science

GPA/sGPA: 3.34/3.29

GRE: 305 AW 4.0

PCE: 2100 hrs from two Exercise physiologist positions (However, FIU is only counting 1500 since that's what I initially put in CASPA when I submitted to them... I went from very little part-time to full-time is the reason for more hours.)

Shadowing: 150 hrs in Orthopedics, 20 hrs in ENT, 50 hrs in Family Medicine

LORs: Ortho PA, My two supervisors, and my genetics professor

Hey guys,

I'm a current FIU PA-S1 student and just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't be worried if you were waitlisted until phase 2. I applied by early July-ish and I was still waitlisted until phase 2. 

Several people in my class who got accepted were actually part of phase 2 interviews, so don't let it discourage you!! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sarmichalli said:

Hey guys,

I'm a current FIU PA-S1 student and just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't be worried if you were waitlisted until phase 2. I applied by early July-ish and I was still waitlisted until phase 2. 

Several people in my class who got accepted were actually part of phase 2 interviews, so don't let it discourage you!! 

Hi there, would we have been rejected by now if we were rejected phase 1? 

I received a generic email on Friday for an invite to interview! Good luck to the rest of you! ? I'm assuming this is phase I still. Hopefully they will give me an interview date soon because it states:

You will receive a separate email which will allow you to select your preferred interview date and time by Thursday October 11, 2018. If you will not be accepting the interview invitation let us know at your earliest convenience.

Congratulations once again and we look forward to meeting you on Interview Day!

Edited by labrecsr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

I am a current 1st year PA student at FIU. I saw there were some questions about the different phases so I wanted to answer them and hopefully help a bit!

The phase 1 application is just an early application, there are no commitments if you get accepted. In a way its a way to be considered in a smaller pool of applicants if you have everything ready. I believe everyone from phase 1 that does not get an interview is considered in phase 2. I do not think anyone gets rejected unless they did not fulfill a requirement such as a course or minimum GPA, however I could be wrong about this. In a way this is great because you were  considered in the Phase 1 pool of applicants, but now you have another chance to be considered in the phase 2 pool of applicants. DO NOT lose hope! Many of my classmates applied phase 1 and got waitlisted to phase 2 and were later offered interviews and acceptances. 

For those of you who have not applied, I would strongly suggest applying in phase 2 if you have all the requirements and are interested in attending our program. I submitted my GRE a week before the deadline and submitted my application on the deadline (Jan 15 2018). I was offered an interview and an acceptance and cannot imagine myself in another program. 

I'm sorry it has taken extra time to get back to you all, our directors and administrators have had a really busy couple of months because they are working on the final steps to become a fully accredited program. 

I would recommend following our instagram page @fiupa in the meantime. If you have any questions about our program you can DM them there and our students will be happy to answer them!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, I hope this helped! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NicoleCL said:

Hi everyone! 

I am a current 1st year PA student at FIU. I saw there were some questions about the different phases so I wanted to answer them and hopefully help a bit!

The phase 1 application is just an early application, there are no commitments if you get accepted. In a way its a way to be considered in a smaller pool of applicants if you have everything ready. I believe everyone from phase 1 that does not get an interview is considered in phase 2. I do not think anyone gets rejected unless they did not fulfill a requirement such as a course or minimum GPA, however I could be wrong about this. In a way this is great because you were  considered in the Phase 1 pool of applicants, but now you have another chance to be considered in the phase 2 pool of applicants. DO NOT lose hope! Many of my classmates applied phase 1 and got waitlisted to phase 2 and were later offered interviews and acceptances. 

For those of you who have not applied, I would strongly suggest applying in phase 2 if you have all the requirements and are interested in attending our program. I submitted my GRE a week before the deadline and submitted my application on the deadline (Jan 15 2018). I was offered an interview and an acceptance and cannot imagine myself in another program. 

I'm sorry it has taken extra time to get back to you all, our directors and administrators have had a really busy couple of months because they are working on the final steps to become a fully accredited program. 

I would recommend following our instagram page @fiupa in the meantime. If you have any questions about our program you can DM them there and our students will be happy to answer them!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, I hope this helped! 🙂

I just applied because of your boost of courage! Lol thanks!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...