FLORIDA: Florida International University Cycle 2018-2019

On 3/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, 3mily said:

Just received an email that I was placed on the waitlist.. Does anyone know how far they went down the waitlist in previous cycles?

Thanks! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey All,

Same here! Does anyone know how far down the waitlist usually get accepted? 

Any answer helps! Thanks! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pastud95 said:

another question - is anyone commuting to the program? if so how long is your commute? mine right now would be about 45-1hr and im just not sure if thats doable or if i should be looking for apartments near campus

Depends on where you are driving from, if it’s agaisnt traffic or with traffic. Miami traffic can be pretty bad. There are new apartment buildings near the campus area  in Fountainbleau/Doral which is close to Campus. 

On 4/4/2019 at 5:28 AM, pastud95 said:

another question - is anyone commuting to the program? if so how long is your commute? mine right now would be about 45-1hr and im just not sure if thats doable or if i should be looking for apartments near campus

Where would you be commuting from? I’m looking in the pembroke pines area and am thinking mine would be about 45-1 hr too

22 minutes ago, Prepaguy23 said:

I’ve been looking mainly in Doral and up near pembrooke. Pembrooke pines is just a little far. It’s like 45-1 hr without traffic which is scary lol. 

I know I’m nervous too about it!! Doral is a nice area. My fiancé is starting to apply for jobs in both Fort Lauderdale and Miami so our thought process is Pembroke Pines is essentially half way if he works in Fort Lauderdale but I’m hoping he finds a job in Miami 🤞🏻

Hey guys! I went to FIU for undergrad. I lived some years in west kendall and to make it to my 8/9 am class it would take me 45 minutes.  Without traffic, it was 15 minutes. 

My last year I moved to the west miramar area (literally 5 minutes south from pines/1 exit down on I-75) and for my 8 am/ 9 am classes it would take me 40 minutes and without traffic 25 minutes. 

Realistically speaking,  no matter where you live in Miami you're going to get a lot of traffic. My best advise would be to arrive to school early and study before your day starts. After class, go to the gym or study some more and then go home so you don't waste so much time in traffic

2 hours ago, PAstobe39 said:

Hey guys! I went to FIU for undergrad. I lived some years in west kendall and to make it to my 8/9 am class it would take me 45 minutes.  Without traffic, it was 15 minutes. 

My last year I moved to the west miramar area (literally 5 minutes south from pines/1 exit down on I-75) and for my 8 am/ 9 am classes it would take me 40 minutes and without traffic 25 minutes. 

Realistically speaking,  no matter where you live in Miami you're going to get a lot of traffic. My best advise would be to arrive to school early and study before your day starts. After class, go to the gym or study some more and then go home so you don't waste so much time in traffic

That’s super helpful! Thanks so much! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...