2018-2019 Cycle

Starting this thread! Submitted CASPA 5/17 and was verified 5/18. Received confirmation from Franklin Pierce on 5/18 saying:

Thank you for your interest in the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.  We have received your CASPA application. 

In the coming weeks, your application will undergo an initial review by program staff to ensure that you meet the program’s minimum requirements.  Once this review is completed, you will receive notification of your status by e-mail.  The wait can sometimes feel lengthy, but please know that we are processing a high volume of applications and will send you an update as soon as we're able.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, applicant18 said:

True! I got 2 rejections so far, 1 from rutgers, 1 from touro in cali, hbu?

No official rejections yet, but two schools I applied to have begun giving interview invites so I'm assuming rejections since people who applied after than me have received interviews. I also have one interview waitlist and one interview. 

Edited by whitecoatrosegold
Spelling

Your application has passed the first base-line review and is in line for a more indepth review by faculty. 

In eight to ten weeks you will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the interview sessions beginning in autumn, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered. 

We know that waiting is difficult, but thoroughly reviewing applications is a long process.  We appreciate your patience.

I received this email yesterday afternoon. Looks like minimum 2 more months of waiting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 8:20 AM, YGrabo said:

Hi Guys , I applied to this school too ... first email said I don’t have shadowing documented . Emailed directly... nothing after it .... still remain hopeful. Good luck everyone! 

Hi YGrabo! i think we both applied to sullivan and franklin pierce. i think i check the forums too much ?

• Like 1

I have only received this email on July 18:

"Thank you for your interest in the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.  We have received your CASPA application. 

In the coming weeks, your application will undergo an initial review by program staff to ensure that you meet the program’s minimum requirements.  Once this review is completed, you will receive notification of your status by e-mail.  The wait can sometimes feel lengthy, but please know that we are processing a high volume of applications and will send you an update as soon as we're able."

Do people think it's a bad sign I haven't received a follow-up email? Starting to get a little worried

On 8/20/2018 at 11:42 AM, LMDonahue said:

I have only received this email on July 18:

"Thank you for your interest in the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.  We have received your CASPA application. 

In the coming weeks, your application will undergo an initial review by program staff to ensure that you meet the program’s minimum requirements.  Once this review is completed, you will receive notification of your status by e-mail.  The wait can sometimes feel lengthy, but please know that we are processing a high volume of applications and will send you an update as soon as we're able."

Do people think it's a bad sign I haven't received a follow-up email? Starting to get a little worried

No, I wouldn't freak yet! It took almost 2 months for me to get the passing initial review email and I applied May 18th. If you don't get one by next of September you could try contacting them maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, YGrabo said:

I did ask them about my application, got email - under review :). 

Anyone got interview invites? 

Nothing here, but according to the last email they sent me, they should start rolling out updates anytime starting next week. The last email stated it would be 8-10 weeks. Next week make its 8 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest thatgirlonabike

@YGrabo

Yep.  And their next review is Sept 2019 so right before this class matriculate if I understand correctly.  I grew up in NH and finally got some PA shadowing hours so I was considering an application here but now not to sure.  

On 9/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, thatgirlonabike said:

Anyone know why they are on accreditation probation?  

I actually visited the school and met with some staff. They explained that the probation was primarily due to some administrative issues. They told me that they hired a company to come in and evaluate and they will be making the necessary changes. They have been around for a little bit so I would not be too worried about it. They are open to you asking questions about the new status.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikejeffe said:

I actually visited the school and met with some staff. They explained that the probation was primarily due to some administrative issues. They told me that they hired a company to come in and evaluate and they will be making the necessary changes. They have been around for a little bit so I would not be too worried about it. They are open to you asking questions about the new status.

Thank you for this information. Hopefully this all will be resolved before next year matriculation  .