2018-2019 Cycle

• 5 weeks later...

On 2/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, pk325 said:

Just got an interview invitation for March 29th but I have already accepted a seat at another program! Declining the interview and hope one of you will get it in my place! Good luck!

I’ve been checking my email waaaaay too often since you posted this 😂😂  still no invite over here, but not losing hope! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kes1123 said:

Just got an email that I did not receive an interview 😕. I still have 3 other schools to hear back from, but might be re-applying next cycle if anyone has any tips!

so is the March 29th the last interview date? what did your email say? (if you don't mind sharing)

8 minutes ago, dk1278 said:

so is the March 29th the last interview date? what did your email say? (if you don't mind sharing)

I got the same email this morning. I was on the interview waitlist. 

Thank you for your application to the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. After a faculty-review of your application, it has been determined that you are not among the pool of applicants invited to progress to the interview phase of the admissions process. While you have shown initiative in preparing your application and pursuing a career as a physician assistant, the application process is highly competitive and we have received hundreds of applications from a broad range of highly qualified applicants.”

3 minutes ago, effiedoesyoga said:

I got the same email this morning. I was on the interview waitlist. 

Thank you for your application to the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. After a faculty-review of your application, it has been determined that you are not among the pool of applicants invited to progress to the interview phase of the admissions process. While you have shown initiative in preparing your application and pursuing a career as a physician assistant, the application process is highly competitive and we have received hundreds of applications from a broad range of highly qualified applicants.”

Yep! This is exactly what I got: 

D66CB2CB-AB9B-4E66-A027-F1021AE09DB5.thumb.jpeg.cb8c57cfbd140937f5c1b170114816f5.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Kes1123 said:

Just got an email that I did not receive an interview 😕. I still have 3 other schools to hear back from, but might be re-applying next cycle if anyone has any tips!

I applied two years ago, got a few waitlists but no interviews. I took a year to make my application stronger and this year I got 5 interviews, a few waitlists and did put down a deposit at a school I liked the best. I’m no expert but the main thing I changed was 1: got more health care hours 2: volunteered more 3: shadowed more than just PAs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, effiedoesyoga said:

I applied two years ago, got a few waitlists but no interviews. I took a year to make my application stronger and this year I got 5 interviews, a few waitlists and did put down a deposit at a school I liked the best. I’m no expert but the main thing I changed was 1: got more health care hours 2: volunteered more 3: shadowed more than just PAs. 

Yes I agree. Last cycle I received 3 interviews. I was waitlisted for one but ultimately did not make it. This year I received 8 interview invitations and 3 acceptances. I placed a deposit on my top choice. Sometimes all you need is to strengthen your app and don't lose hope! I increased my PA shadowing hours and patient care hours and I also applied really early which sometimes can make all the difference. Good luck!

On 3/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, effiedoesyoga said:

I applied my first time 2017-2018 cycle and was denied from all schools (including Franklin Pierce) with the exception of one last minute interview which I was wait listed afterwards, however I was told by admissions at that school that the waitlisted never did move. 

My second cycle was this previous one (2018-2019). My applications were sent in one month earlier this time (May rather than June) and last summer (summer of 2018) I took 2 upper level science courses (ochem and biochem getting A's in both), and continued accruing patient care hours and volunteer hours. I also changed my personal statement and had a lot more people read it to ensure it made sense and flowed well. I was accepted to two schools (including FP this time!), but also applied to fewer schools, narrowing down which schools I would actually go to (my first cycle I applied to a lot of west coast schools, but probably would not have been happy about moving from the east coast.)

I agree with effiedoesyoga, I'm not an expert by any means but just keep trying to improve, and better your application, it will happen!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...