Application cycle 2018-2019

32 minutes ago, hazell034 said:

You heard back? I just checked my mail still nothing 🙁

No I have not gotten anything yet. I was just concerned about one of my grades should I be accepted. I called DYC again last Wednesday and they said they were still gathering paperwork together for accepted students. It could be this coming week or next week until we hear anything! Hang in there! 🙂 

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

For those of you who got accepted, do they make you retake any C classes? I have one C in Orgo and concerned about it. Thanks!

Usually a C in that class would make you have to retake it unfortunately 😞 but I am not 100% sure how they do it for someone who didn't take the class at DYC, I would assume the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hazell034 said:

I wonder if they have sent out any waitlist yet. I talked with a transfer student who got offer. She said she turned down the offer because she would have to spend 5 years in the program even she is a transfer student

5 years??? The program is 4.5 years. Hopefully they aren’t going up on us now. Oh heckkkkkkk no.

28 minutes ago, hazell034 said:

Transfer, she said she has her 4 year college degree already

Oh well then that’s odd. I dk why she would have to go 5 years, unless she didn’t take the classes DYC needed or maybe her classes didn’t transfer. I still haven’t heard anything since the scholarship email.

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost

So I think everyone who's wondering about how many years they have to do in the program, should just talk to a counselor about their specific situation. 

In the package in the mail that I got with my acceptance, it had a list of my transcripts and courses that were accepted and courses that Id still need to take.

I have a bachelors already and all of the pre-reqs except for 2 PHI classes (that I found can be taken online thru DYC) and "the big 3" that they want at their school. I am still class of 2023 but was told by my counselor I can take a leave of absence until I move up there (I currently live a few hours away) which won't be for like another year and a half (which is kind of perfect for me bc I'm due with a baby soon). I don't have to take any unnecessary classes. The timeline is specific for me since I don't need many more courses in the meantime before starting the professional phase, but it all depends on your specific situation and what you still need. If you need a bunch of classes still, you are going to want to get going right away, but either way your target is 2023 graduation if you got accepted this year. 

Edited by clarbd
  • Like 1

So its not 5 years for sure. You finish in November of whatever year you graduate. Then people typically take there boards a month later. For people who transfer in I would do all the classes you can in the beginning and if you finish early before didactic year you can relax before you go into the hardest year. Many people who are older or transfers either were able to take the spring semester off before the fall for didactic or I even know some that got that whole year. I don't advise putting if off in the beginning because you'll see.. you really are going to want to relax as much as possible before the fall. It is the best worst year of your life 🙂 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PAStu1234 said:

So its not 5 years for sure. You finish in November of whatever year you graduate. Then people typically take there boards a month later. For people who transfer in I would do all the classes you can in the beginning and if you finish early before didactic year you can relax before you go into the hardest year. Many people who are older or transfers either were able to take the spring semester off before the fall for didactic or I even know some that got that whole year. I don't advise putting if off in the beginning because you'll see.. you really are going to want to relax as much as possible before the fall. It is the best worst year of your life 🙂 

Thank you for your advice! 🙂 

12 minutes ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

Hey everyone!

I am so excited to announce that I got accepted to DYC! I’m going to be a PA! I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time it seems! For those of you still waiting, keep your head up! I just got my letter today.

Congratulations! I still have not heard anything yet 😔. Still have hope 🙂. Did they accept many of your transfer credits?

Edited by NA112
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NA112 said:

Congratulations! I still have not heard anything yet 😔. Still have hope 🙂. Did they accept many of your transfer credits?

Other than the 3 classes that I have to take there, which is Gross Anatomy, Patho, and Biochem, there’s like 4 other classes I have to take, which isn’t bad at all! I asked to be accelerated tho! Hope that helps! 🙂 

12 minutes ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

Other than the 3 classes that I have to take there, which is Gross Anatomy, Patho, and Biochem, there’s like 4 other classes I have to take, which isn’t bad at all! I asked to be accelerated tho! Hope that helps! 🙂 

Yes it does, thank you! 🙂 

• Upvote 1