Weirdest/funniest complaint

On 5/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, sas5814 said:

On the nickname theme... when I was in clinicals at Ft Knox Ky. I was on urology and they sent us a basic trainee who had hurt himself. It seems he woke for PT and they were being hustled to formation and his erection wouldn't go away so her forcefully folded it in half and went and did PT. When they were done with PT he realized he was hurt and went to the ER and then to us. His nickname? PBD... Private Broke Dick.

Personally I hope he had a long career in the Rangers or SEALs or something because that was a feat of will most people couldn't even imagine.

Folded, huh?  I think I read about him...

flat,800x800,075,f.u8.jpg

"Now that I do predominantly Internal Medicine, 26 yrs in - I guess I have earned the esteemed title of Flea and should be proud of it..... somewhat better than being a Bonehead in Ortho - maybe"

Why Flea? Because it's the last thing to jump off a dead body.....

Never gets old. :-0

I had a 30yo guy yesterday in the UC that said it feels like his organs are going to fall out of his back. Had low back pain and felt like when he lays down his organs are pushing outward and will fall out. When I examined him he asked if I could see them sticking out. Not sure if he was drug seeking but he sometimes takes Percocet for prior "back problems",  he's allergic to NSAIDS and said hes been "putting things into his body lately he shouldn't be.."

Best Parkland ER chief complaint EVER - Well, I was standing there - not doing nothing - and these two dudes........

There were almost always two dudes and we copped the phrase "innocent standing by" as the main job of our patient. Now, what they were doing in the worst part of Dallas at 3 am "just standing by" is anyone's guess.

4 hours ago, hmmmm3 said:

Complaint on the board: "Lip Laceration".

Pt had dry lips, and yawned, and lip cracked, and decided to go to ER.

“I sneezed 4 times in a row this morning. I never sneeze like that. Something must be wrong.” Student Health visit from University freshman dorm resident in her pajamas.....

I've had multiple experiences with some of my female patients who were placed on antibiotics postoperatively. To be somewhat holistic I would tell them to take cultured yogurt with their antibiotics to prevent a yeast infection. A few days later when seeing them at the office for a wound check, they complained that the yogurt that they were placing in their vaginas was very messy.

From the "You can't make this stuff up" pages of my ER days:  Had a father run into our small rural hospital many years ago, screaming for help, while carrying his toddler.  He basically throws the kid at me and says, "The last time his fever got this high, he had spinal laryngitis!"

Archived