Changing the professional title of Physician Assistants (***POLL***)

Changing the Professional Tittle of Physician Assistants (***POLL***)  

520 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the BEST title for our profession?

• Physician Assistant (PA)
    • Physician Associate (PA)
    • Medical Practitioner (MP)
    • Advanced Practice Provider (APP)
    • Advanced Medical Practitioner (AMP)
    • Clinical Officer (CO)
    • Clinical Associate (CA)
    • Advanced Provider (AP)
    • Advanced Clinician (AC)
    • Assistant Physician (AP)
    • Associate Physician (AP)
    • PA
    • Other

13 hours ago, ProSpectre said:

To be clear, I am firmly in the Medical Practitioner camp, I think it's the best title identified so far, and would love if it could be the new title for the PA profession. But I also understand that it's quite broad and technically includes other professions as well (like physicians), so it likely can't be legally protected for that reason, meaning we can't use it. I wish there was a way around that, but we kind of have to trust that this law firm we're throwing handfuls of cash at knows what they're doing. 

For those in the Medical Practitioner camp, "Medical Care Practitioner" is just as good or even better. MCP is even easier for patient to understand what we do...We practice medicine and provide medical care, We are practitioners of medicine. It is so easy! We need a name that a 6 years old can understand. For those who does not want to be associated with the NPs, "MCP" sounds nothing like a NP.  

I am just going to say medical practitioner to my patients just to be short. I don't think they will report me because I forgot to say "care."  You don't see DOs introduced themselves as Doctor of Osteopathic. They just say doctors or physicians.  

So for those in the Medical Practitioner camp, lets support the MCP title!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2