Supplemental Application

Hey everyone, 

Currently, I am doing the supplemental application for Stony Brook, but the PDF file does not fit all my answers that are 250 words or less. I emailed them regarding this concern, but if anyone has resolved this issue in the past, can you let me know what did you do? Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

My application was verified on 5/22 and I paid the $100 fee on 5/23 but I still haven’t received the supplemental application is email. How long did it take everyone to get theirs? The website says not to call about it but it seems as though I should. 

On 5/29/2018 at 10:32 AM, asar13 said:

My application was verified on 5/22 and I paid the $100 fee on 5/23 but I still haven’t received the supplemental application is email. How long did it take everyone to get theirs? The website says not to call about it but it seems as though I should. 

I got it a few hours after I paid. I also did that like, May 1st when no one else was probably doing it haha. They should get back to you soon.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, asar13 said:

For me, I got a confirmation e-mail after I paid the fee, and there was a link for the supplemental. It was easy to miss as it wasn't labeled "supplemental application" and the text was small. Maybe check through your e-mails again to make sure you haven't missed it.

1 hour ago, soap8 said:

Just paid fee and recieved email with supplment, it says on capsa to fill it out electronically but the pdf of supplement can't be edited when I open it. Anyone can help me with this? 

I googled "PDF to word converter" and did that, typed in my answers and then re-converted it back to a PDF before emailing! That way the wording fit and such. 

The use of a poorly created PDF to submit supplemental responses, the fee requirement to receiving supplemental questions, and a rude email I received from the admissions director has made me question if I even want to apply to this program. I am out $100 so I feel obligated to, but all the negative aspects of their application process makes me super unexcited. I have left their supplemental for last and feel no hurry to finish it. Is anyone else feeling frustrated?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, panglossian said:

The use of a poorly created PDF to submit supplemental responses, the fee requirement to receiving supplemental questions, and a rude email I received from the admissions director has made me question if I even want to apply to this program. I am out $100 so I feel obligated to, but all the negative aspects of their application process makes me super unexcited. I have left their supplemental for last and feel no hurry to finish it. Is anyone else feeling frustrated?

same here!

Archived