New bill for direct reimbursement from Medicare

Good news. How stupid is it that we were left out of this. I mean how do these NPs get things passed but we can't. I truly do not understand why our profession is lacking. Why do not more PAs care? Look at the AAPA voting turn out....really people 3%?  PAs that gripe at me about our profession need to first vote and then spend 2 mins emailing your state legislature on these bills. Lastly you could save some of your Starbucks coffee money and buy a state chapter membership and do some good for US.

3 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

Good news. How stupid is it that we were left out of this. I mean how do these NPs get things passed but we can't. I truly do not understand why our profession is lacking. Why do not more PAs care? Look at the AAPA voting turn out....really people 3%?  PAs that gripe at me about our profession need to first vote and then spend 2 mins emailing your state legislature on these bills. Lastly you could save some of your Starbucks coffee money and buy a state chapter membership and do some good for US.

In part it may be that large groups such as AARP (not only this group) also support NP legislation. I"d imagine Nuring groups contact them and explain how great they are. Groups such as AARP  likely do not support PA"s in legislation because they are uninformed. PA"s are not telling them what their creditenials are.  Out of sight, out of mind, or the squeaky wheel gets the grease.   BTW, I called AARP, so far only able to leave a message, but one tiny squeak.

This is HUGE

It is probably the biggest single thing we can change in order to help push our profession forward.  Sure, there are states working on various aspects of OTP, but to FINALLY address the direct reimbursement issue federally will do more to help us gain financial- and thus practice- freedom than any other single thing that could be passed.

I'm beyond ecstatic about this.  This should be our raison d'etre as a profession- promoted continuously with our new medial campaign and by every state chapter.

I can't stress how important this is going forward

3 hours ago, True Anomaly said:

This is HUGE

It is probably the biggest single thing we can change in order to help push our profession forward.  Sure, there are states working on various aspects of OTP, but to FINALLY address the direct reimbursement issue federally will do more to help us gain financial- and thus practice- freedom than any other single thing that could be passed.

I'm beyond ecstatic about this.  This should be our raison d'etre as a profession- promoted continuously with our new medial campaign and by every state chapter.

I can't stress how important this is going forward

I agree, so why is this going under the radar?

Part of me is thinking that AAPA doesn't want to get a lot of publicity on this, maybe due to fears of scrutiny by our MD/DO colleagues? 

Archived