W's???

• Administrator
thank you all for the responses. i had a W in ochem but retook it and got A+. i wasn't sure how much of a lookdown it might be....

Overall, I'd say that shows good judgment. OChem is hard, and the discernment to say "I'm tanking now" and then return and nailing it on the next go 'round seems like a net positive. Not as good as getting that A+ on your first attempt, of course, but still not as unflattering a performance as many other W's.

• Administrator
thank you all for the responses. i had a W in ochem but retook it and got A+. i wasn't sure how much of a lookdown it might be....

Overall, I'd say that shows good judgment. OChem is hard, and the discernment to say "I'm tanking now" and then return and nailing it on the next go 'round seems like a net positive. Not as good as getting that A+ on your first attempt, of course, but still not as unflattering a performance as many other W's.

I withdrew a whole semester...a&p, chem, labs...etc back in 2006...I was fully prepared to explain that I got a full time social work job in trauma and decided to pay off student loans and work in that career for a while before returning to school to pursue PA and I was only asked about tge W's in one interview (and to be honest I can't remember if I was asked about it or if I brought it up)....I got into several schools so that factor alone didn't seem to affect me personally....

I withdrew a whole semester...a&p, chem, labs...etc back in 2006...I was fully prepared to explain that I got a full time social work job in trauma and decided to pay off student loans and work in that career for a while before returning to school to pursue PA and I was only asked about tge W's in one interview (and to be honest I can't remember if I was asked about it or if I brought it up)....I got into several schools so that factor alone didn't seem to affect me personally....

Archived