Clinical Experience

I don't really think it matters to most schools. It is more about the position you hold in the setting. For example MA will be better than CNA, Paramedic is better than EMT etc. The setting is more about where you want to work or where you can find a job. It also gives you an opportunity to see what areas might interest you in medicine. 

39 minutes ago, PACrankset said:

I don't really think it matters to most schools. It is more about the position you hold in the setting. For example MA will be better than CNA, Paramedic is better than EMT etc. The setting is more about where you want to work or where you can find a job. It also gives you an opportunity to see what areas might interest you in medicine. 

Have you felt that it was easier as a MA to make more personal connections for recommendations in a private practice? Or do you think it is better to meet a variety and network in a hospital? 

38 minutes ago, cambriaaaa said:

Have you felt that it was easier as a MA to make more personal connections for recommendations in a private practice? Or do you think it is better to meet a variety and network in a hospital? 

Well my experience is as an EMT in both a 911 transport/Critical Care Transport and as an ED Tech in a Level III Trauma center. I would not change my experience for anything, I was able to make connections with PAs, Trauma Surgeons, Ortho Surgeons, Hospitilists, EM Physicians, Interventional Cardiologists and many other staff. It also gave me the opportunity to gain a very broad level of exposure to many different patient presentations. That being said I also did some shadowing in private ortho clinic/surgery and in family practice, which were both very valuable to my application.

Archived