Medical Article Writers Needed

Everyone,

I am the consulting editor for the journal Physician Assistant Clinics published by Elsevier.  We are looking for authors and guest editors for upcoming editions. 

PA Clinics aims to provide an authoritative and continuously updated clinical information resource that covers all of the relevant PA specialties.  This series, made entirely of clinical review articles, gives PAs deep insights into the latest advancements in their fields and shows how they are applicable in practice.

The responsibilities of the Guest Editor include developing a table of contents for the issue, inviting authors to contribute articles, reviewing the completed articles for medical content, requesting revisions from authors (if necessary), and writing a brief Preface for the issue. The Guest Editor is only required to review papers for medical content and objectivity; Elsevier takes care of grammar editing, formatting, and the like. These responsibilities are outlined in the Guest Editor Guidelines, which are enclosed.

Regarding the length of the issue, we include approximately 12-14 articles of 20 double-spaced manuscript pages. 

Please let me know at your earliest convenience if this  is something that interests you.  If you’d like to bring on a co-editor to work with you, we can certainly discuss those options as well.

Respond here and I can put you in touch with the editor from Elsevier.

This a great chance to get published and share you knowledge with other PAs.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:55 AM, rev ronin said:

Do you have sample content up we can review?

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/physician-assistant-clinics/

Rev, here is a link to the journal with past issues.  I wrote an article for them last year; it's a nice opportunity for PAs to get more involved with academics and get exposure to what goes into the publication process.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived