Kaiser Offer

Hello,

I just received an offer letter from Kaiser in NorCal and though it mentions my salary, hours etc. however there is no mention of other benefits such as CME compensation and time, licence, DEA....

Does anyone know if that type of info would be provided later by HR? I do not even know what is my vacation benefit. I am aware that kaiser follows protocol for everything but i was just wondering.

Thank you 

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!  Plain and simple.  If it's not in writing, it won't happen or may never happen or may never be offered.  This happened to me at my first job out of school.  They will willingly screw you at any chance you give them. You- "Remember when we talked about xyz benefits?" Kaiser-"No, I don't recall that..." all with a smiling face.  

It sounds bad but remember, you have to lookout for YOU on these matters.

Kaiser is unionized, so benefits are standard and non-negotiable. That said they do vary by local union bargaining agreements. Kaiser in general is known for outstanding benefits. I used to work for them, they were very good with a few exceptions. Just ask and they will spell it our for you----but dont worry you wont be bait-and-switched by Kaiser.

My first 2 jobs were with KP. benefits at the time were great; $5 rx, $5 visits, etc

The way they treated PAs who wanted to excel in a specialty, not so great. both places definitely had a scope of practice cap. one of the many reasons I left. took me several years to make the money I was making when I left. I was there long enough to get the pension too.

Archived