When does the interview cycle generally end?

52 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

Application deadlines don't dictate when interview offers start or end.

What matters is when the last interview date is for each program.  Some are done interviewing by December.  Some have interviews into Feb/March.  That's what you need to go by.

I'm just not sure whether to give up yet on this cycle. Any idea when Yale stops interviewing? I just got rejected from one of my top schools

5 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

I'm just not sure whether to give up yet on this cycle. Any idea when Yale stops interviewing? I just got rejected from one of my top schools

From the looks of it, 11/8 seems to be Yale's last interview session, it was 11/15 last year. This is on campus though, online is most likely different. Check out individual school sub-forums for a general idea.

22 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

I wouldn't say you should give up on this cycle. Like has been said above, interviews can run into the new year depending on where you applied. That being said it is a smart idea to think about a backup plan in case you aren't accepted this year. What can you do to improve your application now, or has it already improved? The last thing you want to do is cling onto the hope of getting in until Feb/March and then only have a month or so to improve your application for next cycle, if that makes sense.

Guest HanSolo

Browse through each individual school's forum. If interviews have already been sent out for people who applied after you, then I am sorry to say that you've probably been passed over. Or, it's possible you applied too late. When did you submit your applications? 

2 hours ago, HanSolo said:

Browse through each individual school's forum. If interviews have already been sent out for people who applied after you, then I am sorry to say that you've probably been passed over. Or, it's possible you applied too late. When did you submit your applications? 

They would have rejected me if they passed me over, but I'm not sure how accurate this website is in general since it is a forum. I haven't heard anything yet.

7 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

They would have rejected me if they passed me over, but I'm not sure how accurate this website is in general since it is a forum. I haven't heard anything yet.

Not everything on here is 100% accurate.  I can tell you for sure at UF, a few that applied after me received interview invites before receiving mine.  Even a co-worker of mine applied 2 weeks after and received his 2nd level review before I did.  So don't lose hope yet.

Archived