PAs in ID

• 2 weeks later...

New grad ID PA here! I started in August and it has definitely been a steep learning curve, which I'm sure would be expected in area specialty. Currently, I see many of the inpatient follow ups in the morning with clinic in the afternoon. In clinic I'm seeing mostly hepatitis C patients, HIV patients/patients on PrEP and some hospital follow up.

It's definitely a great field with many interesting cases!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 8:21 PM, IDPA2012 said:

Being so new to the field is definitely overwhelming. I am planning to go to this course in the Spring in Boston. It is long and extensive, but will be great to see a little bit of everything. 

https://id.hmscme.com

I actually went to this a few months ago and found it helpful. I definitely recommend buying the paper version of the presentation as it's a helpful resource in clinic.  

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Pusmonger said:

I have been an ID PA for 14+ years and only work inpatient seeing consults and follow ups. I work with residents and med students and mentor PA students. We have a wide range of pathology so my job is never boring. I love that we see patients in the nicu to 100 + years old and in every field.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread.... but your username... just incredible. Well done haha!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hello all, 

New member here, but I’ve been working in ID for nearly 2 years. My time is usually split with an inpatient consult service and an outpatient primary care clinic (Ryan White) focused on HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STDs. It’s surely challenging, but I love the interesting cases and that the field is constantly evolving with research.