• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To tell ya'll a little bit about me, this is my second year applying, I'm a kick-ass nursing assistant, passionate volunteer, and a lover of all foods made of noodles! :)  I'm more excited about this year's application and am hopefully looking forward to an invitation.  I received a generic email update on 8/18 that my application is now under faculty review.  I'm excited to hear what is going on with other applicants!...we're all in different boats, but we're all in the same ocean of waiting.

Cheers!

Hi Jane, I'm in the same boat with you, just trying to keep afloat haha. This will be my second year applying. I was a navy corpsman for five years (active duty), EMT-B for two years and now I am currently working as a medical assistant for a family practice clinic. I love Mexican food and hot peppers. I am an avid gardener with a slight obsession of growing rare and hot peppers (ghost peppers, Carolina Reapers, red habaneros, etc.). I also got the same generic email on 07/14. Fingers crossed and best wishes! I am excited to see what this year will bring for us as well! Lets keep in touch. Take care.

-Ken

Hi guys! So glad you started this page! I am a first time applicant and will be applying for the bachelors program at the Tacoma campus. I am so excited to be starting this process with you guys! I currently live and work in San Diego. My background is primarily in emergency medical services- I have been a paramedic for 5 years and am currently working in a local ER as a tech. I have been following another thread that seems to be more Seattle campus applicants and they have already started receiving emails for interviews later this month! Can't wait to see updates here on what is going on with the Tacoma campus! Good luck to all!!!

Hey y'all!!

Looks like there are a bunch of us medics in this applicant pool! Paramedic for six years and was a medical assistant in Orthopedics for a few years before that. I love playing outside and eating all the food! I just moved back to Portland a few months ago after spending the last six years in Raleigh, NC. 

I was reading the Tacoma forum from last year and it looked like their first interview was 12/10 with a second one later in January. Invites seemed to go out towards the first half of November. 

It depends on the location I believe. Last year for Tacoma I think I interviewed with 30-35 other applicants. Last year they did not send out the inventions out till November, and the date for the interview was in December. This year the applications were submitted a month earlier so the dates might be pushed forward as well. Hold tight, we will hear back soon enough.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:25 AM, slsmedic13 said:

Hi guys! So glad you started this page! I am a first time applicant and will be applying for the bachelors program at the Tacoma campus. I am so excited to be starting this process with you guys! I currently live and work in San Diego. My background is primarily in emergency medical services- I have been a paramedic for 5 years and am currently working in a local ER as a tech. I have been following another thread that seems to be more Seattle campus applicants and they have already started receiving emails for interviews later this month! Can't wait to see updates here on what is going on with the Tacoma campus! Good luck to all!!!

Good luck to you! Let me know if you get an interview.

Hi guys! I too am applying for Tacoma. I live locally in Bonney Lake. This will be my 2nd time applying, the last cycle I was not chosen to interview and it was rough. My background is 13 years in phlebotomy and other laboratory positions. Hopefully this year will be the year ;) Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got my invite today also! This is my third application to MEDEX (1st time for Tacoma). I am applying for the Masters program which is new to the Tacoma Campus. I have been a Dental Hygienist for 15 years. I just found out my 9th grandchild is on their way! (First for my son - 2 daughters with 4 each). I love to read, knit, go to opera and ballet. My husband and I met doing community theater and still occasionally have time to act. My husband is a PA (graduated from MEDEX Seattle in 2010). He absolutely loved his experience there and I am thrilled that I may have an opportunity to attend also! This is my first interview invite and I can't wait.

I received an email invite for the BCHS Tacoma Class #6 interviews on Oct. 21! I'm a re-applicant, made it to the interviews last year, got waitlisted & unfortunately wasn't chosen. So, hopefully it's a different story this year! Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

- Tom

Email for interview on 9/19

Medex criteria met on 9/15

Caspa verified / Medex app submitted on 8/31

Hello everyone! First year applicant here and just received my interview invite for the Tacoma class #6 10/21/2017! I've been a Respriatory therapist for the past 5 years and a pharmacy technician for 5 years before that. I am super excited and nervous for the interview. What is everyone doing to prepare? 

Have a great day ❤️

-Nicole 

Congrats to those that received an interview invite! It's a very exciting and nerve wracking time.... but try to relax and enjoy the ride. I'm a current TC5 student, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my very best to answer them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm curious about the questions they are going to ask. This is my first time interviewing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! I'm curious about the questions they are going to ask. This is my first time interviewing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No questions are straightforward and nothing that you can really prepare for (trust me, I tried). You don't want to sound rehearsed, so focus on why you want to be a PA, reflect on your experiences as a medical provider, and be sure to listen to the questions being asked, respond, and dont drag on your answers. If you didn't already know, it's group interviews (2 other applicants with you) and 2 faculty for 3 total interview sessions. The day is incredibly fun... Enjoy it, be yourself, be supportive of each other, and before you know it, the day will be over. Meeting the night before with other applicants is wonderful! You get to know them better and you will show up knowing familiar faces. I'm still close friends with people that I met during my interviews... some got in before me, some didn't, and of course I have my now classmates.

No questions are straightforward and nothing that you can really prepare for (trust me, I tried). You don't want to sound rehearsed, so focus on why you want to be a PA, reflect on your experiences as a medical provider, and be sure to listen to the questions being asked, respond, and dont drag on your answers. If you didn't already know, it's group interviews (2 other applicants with you) and 2 faculty for 3 total interview sessions. The day is incredibly fun... Enjoy it, be yourself, be supportive of each other, and before you know it, the day will be over. Meeting the night before with other applicants is wonderful! You get to know them better and you will show up knowing familiar faces. I'm still close friends with people that I met during my interviews... some got in before me, some didn't, and of course I have my now classmates.

Great advice, thank you so much!

Hi! I am a first time applicant and received an interview invitation for class #6 Tacoma campus on 10/21. I have worked as a medical esthetician, ER medical scribe, CNA in assisted living memory care (alzheimer's/dementia), and now CNA/MA in multi-specialty surgery. I was raised in a mixed military family and predominantly grew up in south Tacoma. I would definitely be open to meeting other interviewees on the evening of 10/20 to get to know one another!

-Kylie

Hello everybody,

Congratulations on the interview invite!

I too will be attending the interview conference on 10/21.

Lets all meet and hang out a few days or the day before the interview and get to know each other better. I would love to meet all of you and discuss your reasons for pursing a career in healthcare and why you chose the PA profession. 

If you would like to meet up, here is my contact info. Don't hesitate to call or email me, we are all in this together.

Email: davidr14@uw.edu

Cell: 2537920294

-Cheers

Archived