Congratulations to everyone that received an invite!

I also got a letter over the weekend. I hope to see you all there on October 21st!

If anyone would like to hangout a few days before to meet for coffee or would like to pick my brain on what to expect for the interview feel free to hit me up. This will be my second interview for Medex and I would gladly share how the interviewing process usually proceeds.

Email: KenWaters@KTRM.co

Cell: (925) 348-3665

Best wishes everyone! 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

Late to the forum but very happy to see other people out here playing the waiting game! Congratulations! I see a lot of posts from rock-stars with interview requests already and can't imagine the excitement you must all be feeling right now!

A little about myself, happy to see other Navy Corpsman in this application cycle, I loved being a FMF Corpsman for 5 years and spent 2 years as a Medical Assistant in Primary care at a UW Neighborhood clinic in Ballard.

I have not received an interview invitation yet, but am hopeful every day for the email to show. For those of you that have not been contacted yet, never lose hope! There is plenty of time for our moment to shine and I anticipate a pretty big turn-out for Tacoma Class #6. Lord-only knows how many applications they are going through right now!

If anyone wants to practice interviewing and compare notes sometime, please feel free to reach out anytime:

jameswhit52@gmail.com / jamesmw2@uw.edu

James

Sent in my caspa/medex supplement 8/31, 

med ex criteria met 9/22

Soooo feeling super discouraged since I just realized invites have been sent and I have not gotten an email about such. Are the "2nd round interview" a continuation for people who did great with their first interview or another round of new interviews? 

also congrats to everyone who got interviews just feeling slightly petty lol.

I'm 23 so I felt somewhat disadvantaged to other applicants since I'm a CNA and other people are like 35 years old with RN degree or was in desert storm it sounds like. 

med ex criteria met 9/22
Soooo feeling super discouraged since I just realized invites have been sent and I have not gotten an email about such. Are the "2nd round interview" a continuation for people who did great with their first interview or another round of new interviews? 
I'm 23 so I felt somewhat disadvantaged to other applicants since I'm a CNA and other people are like 35 years old with RN degree or was in desert storm it sounds like. 
There will be a second round of interviews with different applicants.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I love the fact that this thread everyone is so friendly and getting to know each other! (unlike some other school threads). I'm Anastasia, coming all the way from Virginia. Have been an EMT for the past 6 years and worked everywhere from EMS to transport to now an ER tech. I'm from Russia, so I will make sure to treat you guys to some Russian treats in our next class (fingers and toes crossed over here). Have not heard from Tacoma yet, but I am hoping to. MEDEX Tacoma is my #1 choice as I so badly want to be in WA, a huge part of my family is there and I have none left in VA. Best of luck to those of you that are interviewing in a few days and positive vibes for those that are still waiting. 

On 10/7/2017 at 0:05 AM, dqnguyen said:

med ex criteria met 9/22

Don't feel disadvantaged, my wife was 29 which is considered fairly young for the program. There is one girl in Anchorage Class 8 that is 24 or so. Don't let being a CNA get you down, there is a wide range of experience, my wife was a CMA, her classmates range from Rad Techs, Dental Techs to Pharmacy Techs to EMT's. If you don't get in the first time, improve your application and try again. I will probably have to apply a few times since I will be new to the medical field and hopefully my EMT experience once I get certified and lots of shadowing will help supplement against some of the more experienced applicants. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have been reading everyone's posts to find out when everyone was hearing about interviews and decided I should probably make an account and share a little about myself.

My name is Madey and this is my 3rd time applying. I have 3 years experience as a phlebotomist and 2 years as an emergency department scribe in the enumclaw and Tacoma area. I have lived here my whole life and hope to make it into the program this year given the campus is so close to home! 

I have not been invited to the first round of interviews but I'm optimistic about the next round. Please let me know when you hear that the second round has been posted :) 

I received an email invite for the BCHS Tacoma Class #6 interviews on Oct. 21! I'm a re-applicant, made it to the interviews last year, got waitlisted & unfortunately wasn't chosen. So, hopefully it's a different story this year! Looking forward to meeting everyone. 
- Tom
Email for interview on 9/19
Medex criteria met on 9/15
Caspa verified / Medex app submitted on 8/31

Did you get a call or waitlisted again? Did you know where you were on the waitlist? I got waitlisted for this cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AprilBurrow said:

Hi all! I'm looking to connect with other applicants and just found this forum. I received an invitation yesterday for Tacoma class #6 interview conference on 12/9/17. I'm ecstatic! 

Hey AprilBurrow, I also received an interview invite and would love to connect with other applications as well.

Congrats to all who recieved an invite to the second round of interviews! I interviewed and was accepted in the first round for Tacoma class 6. As I'm sure you have all heard by now, be yourself. It is by far the best advice I was given. Remember, you have been chosen from a very large pool of applicants. They know your qualifications, show them who you are and what you wish to contribute to MEDEX. Although it's a long day, it's actually fun. The interviewers are genuine and wish for you to succeed. Take a deep breath, answer honestly no matter what, and support your fellow applicants.  Can't wait to meet you guys! Good luck!

Archived