MEDEX Spokane 11/19/21 interview

Hey there! Same here. I'm super excited to be considered for a slot and say we make the best of this awesome opportunity! Perhaps, we could get together prior to the 19th and brainstorm on potential questions? Interview each other? Or simply meet one another. Either way, I can't wait to know you on a personal and professional level.

All the best!

4 hours ago, AbeVB said:

Hey there! Same here. I'm super excited to be considered for a slot and say we make the best of this awesome opportunity! Perhaps, we could get together prior to the 19th and brainstorm on potential questions? Interview each other? Or simply meet one another. Either way, I can't wait to know you on a personal and professional level.

All the best!

That’s a great idea. I’d love to get together and prepare for the interview. One of the current students at MEDEX Spokane is planning on hosting a zoom meeting tomorrow morning and I will be attending. Hopefully I’ll see you there? If not I’ll pass on any crucial information.

If anyone that comes across this forum has any information or resources about the interview process feel free to post it! It’d be nice to get some fresh interaction and guidance from some of the recently accepted candidates.

I submitted my application beginning of August.
I was a little behind due to needing to finish my last pre-req summer quarter! 

Jacob, thank you, I look forward to meeting you too and everyone else here in a few weeks! 

@rm2020 congratulations! I look forward to meeting you too. Do you have any suggestions from last years experience? 

Edited by Austin14

@Austin14 I grew up in Oroville, WA, a tiny, tiny border town. I then left to join the military after high school. I ended up in Colorado for a handful of years due to the military and to complete my undergrad. Last year, my family and I moved back to Oroville, WA so I could (hopefully) attend MEDEX and ultimately practice medicine in my rural area. 

@AbeVB that’s so cool! Thank you for your service!  I also grew up in a really small town.  My family still lives there so it would also be pretty awesome to spend some time there! Luckily it’s only about 45 minutes from Spokane so it’s not too far to travel to get there. 
we should totally try to get a zoom together before the interview and meet everyone!  

Does anyone have a specific time frame/date they would want to get together to meet before the interview? I was thinking the week of the interview after we get our conference documents 5 days prior. Let me know what you all think and what works best for you guys.

Edited by JacobFio

Hey all!

Congratulations everyone on the interview! I also will be interviewing with you guys and love the idea of meeting up beforehand via zoom to get to know you all! If we don’t get around to meeting before the interview date, best of luck to you all and I look forward to meeting you at the interview! 

Best wishes,

Sam

I am thinking the best option will be Zoom. Mornings or evenings work for me too, but realistically I can make time for whenever we decide. I want to leave the option open for people to put any times that don't work for them so that we can get as much involvement as possible. So if anyone has any days that won't work for them let it be known.  

Congrats Sam on the interview opportunity. Hopefully we will get the chance to meet on the zoom meeting!

Hello everyone! I will also be interviewing on the 19th. This is my second time interviewing, so if anyone has any specific questions I would be happy to answer. UW does 3 sets of interviews throughout the day. All of these are group interviews, with you and two other candidates. There was 2 faculty members in each interview and you do get their names prior to the interview date, so do some research on them! 

Last year a small group of us did meet over zoom just to ask questions of people who had interviewed before and get to know each other! It was very nice on interview day to have a couple of familiar faces.

Hey team! I can make time at whatever hour works best for everyone. I suggest we meet up via Zoom early next week that way we can meet up, chat, and then meet again before the 19th if necessary. Maybe like Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the upcoming week? Maybe somewhere between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. PST? Let us know what you think. 

On 10/29/2021 at 8:24 PM, Austin14 said:

I submitted my application beginning of August.
I was a little behind due to needing to finish my last pre-req summer quarter! 

Jacob, thank you, I look forward to meeting you too and everyone else here in a few weeks! 

@rm2020 congratulations! I look forward to meeting you too. Do you have any suggestions from last years experience? 

Do your research, be confident! 

Hey All,

What does everyone’s availability look like? I put 3 options down, trying to narrow down getting a zoom set up before interviews.
Please comment which date would work best in order and let’s see if we can pick an option that most can attend! 

#1.) Nov 14th look like? Let’s say 7:30 or 8pm? 
or 

#2.) nov 16th- 10 am? 

#3.) nov 16th-  7:30 or 8 pm?