Curious of my chances, realistically

I've posted a lot but I don't think I've ever given my stats. I haven't graduated yet, but I'm anticipating the following stats, and I'm curious of what people think of my chances. I'm being as realistic as possible, from taking practice GREs, calculating my highest GPA possible and dropping it some, as well as LOR/LOEs

Schools applying to are Duke, UNC, ECU, Wake, Wingate, MUSC, Campbell, Lenoir Rhyne, Gardner Webb, Elon, Presbyterian College, Charleston Southern, North Greenville University

Bio undergrad, white male, 30 at application time
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.5
GRE 300
HCE: EMT paid 2500 hours
shadowing: 30 hours PA
3 LORs from 2 PAs and a professor

Give me your thoughts, please and thank you. 

29 minutes ago, moorecarson121 said:

Any reason why you aren't applying to other schools in sc? MUSC won't look at you without a 3.8. CSU, NGU and PC all have what I think will be great programs. I'm wary of GWU. They got put on probation by ARC-PA but did not update their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I edited it to include those as well. I am keeping my eyes on them as they are newer programs, however. I want to see what kind of PANCE scores they push out and to find out the quality of the faculty and their rotations. But I have added them to my list. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, moorecarson121 said:

Any reason why you aren't applying to other schools in sc? MUSC won't look at you without a 3.8. CSU, NGU and PC all have what I think will be great programs. I'm wary of GWU. They got put on probation by ARC-PA but did not update their website.

MUSC won't look at you without a 3.8??? Seriously? I looked all over their website and never saw any reference to this. Where are you getting that info? I'm just curious because I applied there and don't have a 3.8 so now I'm nervous. 

MUSC won't look at you without a 3.8??? Seriously? I looked all over their website and never saw any reference to this. Where are you getting that info? I'm just curious because I applied there and don't have a 3.8 so now I'm nervous. 

I am born and raised in Charleston and that is just what my friends who have gone through the program have said. I'm sure there are outliers, but that is definitely what they lean towards. I

GRE probably should be >300 if possible but overall you'd be in the mix with those stats. It's so hard to know what schools really want. Besides the superstars who cured cancer in 8th grade while working full time and volunteering in the south of Sudan and the people who get instantly rejected, everyone else is sort of in a mix and the schools try to find what person fits their class dynamic best.

54 minutes ago, boli said:

GRE probably should be >300 if possible but overall you'd be in the mix with those stats. It's so hard to know what schools really want. Besides the superstars who cured cancer in 8th grade while working full time and volunteering in the south of Sudan and the people who get instantly rejected, everyone else in sort of in a mix and the schools try to find what person fits their class dynamic best.

This is by far my favorite explanation.

Get your GRE above 300 as stated, volunteering will help as well. Your PCE experience is really good, continue to get those hours up. As long as your PS is really well done you stand a good chance!

Archived