• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2017 at 0:53 PM, JoJoWondermonkey said:

Also for any prospective students that are interested in meeting current students, we have a PA club that meets once per week. PA club is at the City College Campus (160 Convent Ave) and meetings are held in the Harris Hall building (on Amsterdam btwn 138 and 139). Club is on Thursdays from 12:30 - 1:30 and are usually in room 12 on the ground floor. It's a great opportunity to speak to current students, to get a feel for the program, and to get some advice on the whole process. I came to club as a prospective student, and afterwards I knew CCNY was right for me.

-J

Hi there, do you mind answering some questions about the program. Unfortunately Do to work I can’t attend your club meetings but I was accepted into the program and would like to know how is the schedule like? Professors? Do you feel like you have all the resources you need? What would you change about the program? Thank you! 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:53 PM, Nuramuyassir said:

I saw on the ARC website the CUNY was on administrative probation ..anyone know anything about this ?

I got accepted as well, and I am now reconsidering going there, being that the school is at risk of losing it’s accreditation.

2 hours ago, MrUSA said:

I got accepted as well, and I am now reconsidering going there, being that the school is at risk of losing it’s accreditation.

Well it says it's on administrative probation and I was told that by a current student its because they switched from bachelor to masters but its nothing to worry about..anyone want to actually call and find out what that means ?

19 hours ago, Nuramuyassir said:

Well it says it's on administrative probation and I was told that by a current student its because they switched from bachelor to masters but its nothing to worry about..anyone want to actually call and find out what that means ?

That is not true. Go ahead and call the ARC-PA, and you will see what they will tell you.  They are on accreditation probation, and they should have it written on their website within a month.

11 hours ago, MrUSA said:

That is not true. Go ahead and call the ARC-PA, and you will see what they will tell you.  They are on accreditation probation, and they should have it written on their website within a month.

ARC-PA has the program listed under administrative probation (AP), but doesn't list the exact reason why. They have a general description of what it means to be under administrative probation:

"Accreditation-Administrative Probation is a temporary status granted when a program has not complied with an administrative requirement, such as failure to pay fees or submit required reports. Once placed on Administrative Probation, a program that fails to comply with administrative requirements in a timely manner, as specified by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having its accreditation withdrawn."

17 minutes ago, TiraMissU said:

ARC-PA has the program listed under administrative probation (AP), but doesn't list the exact reason why. They have a general description of what it means to be under administrative probation:

"Accreditation-Administrative Probation is a temporary status granted when a program has not complied with an administrative requirement, such as failure to pay fees or submit required reports. Once placed on Administrative Probation, a program that fails to comply with administrative requirements in a timely manner, as specified by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having its accreditation withdrawn."

No it’s **AP, and that stands for accreditation probation. The information that you have presented has one asterisk instead of two. Look at it again carefully on the website. I also called them to confirm.

5 minutes ago, MrUSA said:

No it’s **AP, and that stands for accreditation probation. The information that you have presented has one asterisk instead of two. Look at it again carefully on the website. I also called them to confirm.

On the site, programs under accreditation probation are listed as (**probation). Programs that are under administrative probation are listed as (**AP), such as the University of Bridgeport. if you go on UB's site, they explain that they are under administrative probation, not accreditation probation and they are listed the same way Sophie Davis is.

Did you call the ARC-PA? They confirmed that CCNY is under accreditation probation?

10 minutes ago, arinachka said:

Hey guys, this is alarming. If they loose their accreditation then we won’t be able to take pance.

Anyone else send out a deposit? I emailed them a couple of times and got no reply. How will we know that they received our deposits?  

I agree, this definitely is alarming. But from what I've seen in the past with programs that have lost accreditation, current students are allowed to finish the program and take the exam (there was a program in Maryland that recently lost their accreditation), but they aren't allowed to admit new students. However, I will say that being on probation doesn't mean they will certainly lose their accreditation. This is nerve-wrecking nonetheless.

I sent out my deposit last Thursday. I haven't heard back from them yet, but was thinking of giving them a call by the end of this week to confirm that they received it.

52 minutes ago, TiraMissU said:

On the site, programs under accreditation probation are listed as (**probation). Programs that are under administrative probation are listed as (**AP), such as the University of Bridgeport. if you go on UB's site, they explain that they are under administrative probation, not accreditation probation and they are listed the same way Sophie Davis is.

Did you call the ARC-PA? They confirmed that CCNY is under accreditation probation?

I called the ARC-PA and they stated that it was a accreditation probation and that stuck with me when they mentioned that. I am going to decline gong to this program because it is too risky. If the program is having this problem then imagine the teaching of students within the program.  In 2016 the PANCE passing rate was at 76% approximately, and now this probation puts the icing on the cake. Good luck guys if you choose this risk that can cost you your life career.

Archived