2017-2018

I applied and got an email stating that there are currently no seats available for May 2018 and that they will contact us to interview if any seats open up. I wish I would have saved my money and not applied here because I highly doubt they will interview anyone.

I felt the same way at first. However, I believe few seats opened up last year due to their BS to PA student dropping out or failing to meet requirements. I don't know how many seats will open up this year.

It is hard to decide to accept to go interview for a waitlist. I feel like what if this is the only school that will accept me and to not give it a try might hold me back another year. :/

52 minutes ago, moleashish said:

I felt the same way at first. However, I believe few seats opened up last year due to their BS to PA student dropping out or failing to meet requirements. I don't know how many seats will open up this year.

It is hard to decide to accept to go interview for a waitlist. I feel like what if this is the only school that will accept me and to not give it a try might hold me back another year. :/

I hear you. Its my fourth time applying so I would go for the interview too if I had the opportunity. Stay in touch :)

• 2 weeks later...

I also applied to this program but received no such email.. and I'm kind of confused about this... CASPA opened in APRIL. How in the heck are all their seats filled up by now for next year? Am I missing something? Did they interview people within the time CASPA opened till now, and filled all their seats up? I find that hard to believe maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.

21 hours ago, psych2PA said:

I also applied to this program but received no such email.. and I'm kind of confused about this... CASPA opened in APRIL. How in the heck are all their seats filled up by now for next year? Am I missing something? Did they interview people within the time CASPA opened till now, and filled all their seats up? I find that hard to believe maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.

They have I believe 5 year BS to PA program and majority of the seats are already filled up through that. So, the only time we would get chance to interview for a seat is if one of the students in that program drop out or do not meet the requirements. I had to read the previous years thread and read through the schools website about their BS to PA program. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, padream127 said:

I just received an interview invite for the waitlist. I agree with you and doubt that there would be students dropping their seats- they already got into their master program so I don't see a reason to waste money to apply for other programs. :/

Well at least you know your competitive enough for an interview!  When did you apply/verified?? 

I just received an email inviting for interview for the waitlist as well. Even though it is for waitlist, I needed this as having started to get rejection emails from few schools already. I emailed and requested Oct 9th interview date. Hopefully, things go well and the waitlist people get chance to matriculate.

My application was completed 6/19.

Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rachelledude said:

I'm in the same position. I'll be flying in from Cali. Still deciding if it is worth all the travel cost for a waitlist position. 

Same here, will be flying out of LAX.

I figured maybe I would call the school and ask about the chances of getting a seat if anyone hasn't done that yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rachelledude said:

For those of you going to the interview from out if state, what airport or mode of transportation do you believe is easiest to get to the school? 

It looks like your coming out from my state.

Im leaving out of LAX on the 8th into Pitts and staying at a motel next to the airport. Ill be driving in on the 9th from Pitts and its about a 2 hour drive.

From my research this was the cheapest option even if its a bit out of the way.

What part of cali are you flying out of?

3 hours ago, jaredt said:

It looks like your coming out from my state.

Im leaving out of LAX on the 8th into Pitts and staying at a motel next to the airport. Ill be driving in on the 9th from Pitts and its about a 2 hour drive.

From my research this was the cheapest option even if its a bit out of the way.

What part of cali are you flying out of?

I just messaged you! Thanks

Hey guys,

The 10/9 interview is coming up and I will be arriving this Sunday (10/8) at a hotel 15 minutes from the campus.  Does anyone want to get together that day to check out the campus, and discuss any details about the interview?

As this is my first interview, I know the process can be a bit stressful.

Feel free to pm me!  Thanks, and best of luck to all of you!

--Ethan

• 1 month later...

Archived