2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MaryFred said:

Do invitations for each date all go out at once or do they send invitations out sporadically?

After talking with a few students that interviewed and were accepted last year, it is my understanding that they do interviews in blocks. They invite a certain #, interview them, then move on to the next block (when they finally decide to accept/waitlist/decline, I'm not sure). Also, Mrs. Dunn told me they are interviewing all the way into January and that invites will continue going out until then...there are many left to be sent! Hope that helps!

4 hours ago, AshleyAlleen said:

After talking with a few students that interviewed and were accepted last year, it is my understanding that they do interviews in blocks. They invite a certain #, interview them, then move on to the next block (when they finally decide to accept/waitlist/decline, I'm not sure). Also, Mrs. Dunn told me they are interviewing all the way into January and that invites will continue going out until then...there are many left to be sent! Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. Kinda nervous to be waiting till January. Hope to hear something soon. 

17 hours ago, BFS1992 said:

I am interviewing Nov 10! Has anyone else interviewing this day received any information on the dinner the night before/ what time the interview actually is?

They said they'd send out more info a week in advance, but I have not received more information for the Nov. 10th interview. 

Good luck to everyone interviewing next week! I think the consensus about the interviews today (from the few applicants I talked to afterward) was that we had pretty laid back and friendly interviews. The best advice I got beforehand was to know myself. Just reflect on who you are, your goals, what you want from a career and why you want to be a physician assistant. Good luck, guys! Fingers crossed for those of us who just have to wait now! 

Agreed @jordeze! Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They ask questions to prove that you are knowledgeable about PA, NP, MD, DO, etc. They will also ask questions to make you think and reflect on your experiences. No one that we talked to got any off-the-wall behavioral type questions, which was a blessing! Know where you stand on some of the commonly asked ethical questions and be prepared to talk about yourself. Good luck everyone and Go Jags!!!

Archived