2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my first interview invite for this cycle! Nov 9th. Extremely nervous and excited too since it'll be my first time in Philly. 

You will interview with a pair of faculty members and have an individual meeting with a current student.

Just wondering, are we having an interview with the current student as well or is that just a casual meeting? 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:12 AM, WisconsinPA said:

This is my first interview invite for this cycle! Nov 9th. Extremely nervous and excited too since it'll be my first time in Philly. 

You will interview with a pair of faculty members and have an individual meeting with a current student.

Just wondering, are we having an interview with the current student as well or is that just a casual meeting? 

Technically it is an interview with a current student (meaning they score you and take notes) but mine was very casual. You are answering interview questions, but it is more conversational than the interview with faculty members. 

On 9/21/2017 at 10:22 AM, caseylee said:

Does anyone that already interviewed have any tips or advice? What was the interview day like?

I really liked their interview day. You spend the entire day there and you really get to know the other applicants. While other students are having their interviews, you are waiting in a room with current students and other applicants, and you do not leave until everyone is done interviewing. I really liked that they did it that way- everyone cheers each other on. 

On 9/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, WisconsinPA said:

Also...

What do they mean by writing sample? Do we have to write an essay??

Don't stress about the writing sample. It is nothing you need to practice for. You just answer some questions, but no essays or anything. 

@PAtientlywaitingg hey!! i interviewed here and one of the first year students said that they got offered an interview in January (just a few months before the program started) and were accepted shortly after. Also, the faculty said that they will try to get back to everyone about acceptances and rejections in January, but it all depends. You still have time!!! Stay positive. Best of luck.

@HawaiianPA it might sound cliché.... but seriously just be yourself. They are trying to get to know you and see if you'd be a good fit for their program. Id recommend to reflect on your work and school experiences and what you learned from them, also really try to understand your WHY! Why PA, why Drexel, and why not any other profession? good luck and enjoy the experience!!

On 9/27/2017 at 8:08 AM, egiap said:

Technically it is an interview with a current student (meaning they score you and take notes) but mine was very casual. You are answering interview questions, but it is more conversational than the interview with faculty members. 

I really liked their interview day. You spend the entire day there and you really get to know the other applicants. While other students are having their interviews, you are waiting in a room with current students and other applicants, and you do not leave until everyone is done interviewing. I really liked that they did it that way- everyone cheers each other on. 

Don't stress about the writing sample. It is nothing you need to practice for. You just answer some questions, but no essays or anything. 

Questions about yourself or about the program?

Any suggestions where to stay? I have an interview Dec 1st. I am coming from out of state and am not familiar with the area. Thank you :) If there is anyone else who is interviewing maybe we can all go to the same hotel for simplicity sake and meet each other... :D

~Bianca 

On 10/5/2017 at 10:34 AM, Beeraye said:

Any suggestions where to stay? I have an interview Dec 1st. I am coming from out of state and am not familiar with the area. Thank you :) If there is anyone else who is interviewing maybe we can all go to the same hotel for simplicity sake and meet each other... :D

~Bianca 

I suggest looking at Airbnb (look for places near Hahnemann University Hospital, 230 N Broad St.) I stayed at one that was about 8 minutes drive ($6 uber), 15-20 minute walk, and 0.9 miles away. It had a private entry and private bath for only $89 which included tax. Hotels in center city are so expensive and all I needed was a comfy, quiet bed for the night. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 10:34 AM, Beeraye said:

~Bianca 

Hi Bianca,

I also have an interview Dec 1st. What date will you arrive in Philadelphia? Have you got the hotel yet? 

Archived