2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 7:01 PM, Hope4 said:

For those who interviewed and got accepted into the Program, would any of you give me advice? Did you have to write any essay on the interview date? Thank you

I interviewed on November 9th and received my acceptance into the program last week! There is a writing portion that consists of multiple short answer kinds of questions, but no long essay. Student interview is very conversational, whereas the faculty interview is much more structured. This is your opportunity to really let them know who you truly are, why you want to be a PA, and why you are READY! I tried to share examples and personal stories/experiences that were relevant to the questions being asked, and I think that really helped. Most importantly, as cliche as it sounds, the best advice is to just be 100% yourself, smile, laugh, and just have fun!    

I interviewed on November 9th and received my acceptance into the program last week! There is a writing portion that consists of multiple short answer kinds of questions, but no long essay. Student interview is very conversational, whereas the faculty interview is much more structured. This is your opportunity to really let them know who you truly are, why you want to be a PA, and why you are READY! I tried to share examples and personal stories/experiences that were relevant to the questions being asked, and I think that really helped. Most importantly, as cliche as it sounds, the best advice is to just be 100% yourself, smile, laugh, and just have fun!    

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/29/2017 at 9:25 PM, jhua08 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! I interviewed 11/3 and received an acceptance call to Drexel's class of 2020 a few weeks ago. Get yourself on the FB group! I actually think we interviewed together at Charles Drew mid-November. Crazy! Wishing you the best of luck! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm a current first-year part-time student at Drexel, which means I'm technically in the class of 2020 even though I'm taking some classes with the class of 2019 this year.  Just thought I'd reach out and say if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to shoot me a message! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm a first-year full-time student at Drexel and can answer any questions people have as well. Feel free to shoot me a PM or ask on the group-- I'll do my best to answer. 

Also, for those of you who've been accepted AND are going to attend Drexel, here is the Facebook page for the Class of '20: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322128871576649/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 7:33 PM, annievu said:

I interviewed on 2/1/18 (last interview date as confirmed by Martha). I received an email two weeks ago that placed me on the alternate list. Hope this helps anyone determine the timeline. Good luck to you all.

Do you know how many people they place on the alternate list?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, paco2020 said:

@annievu--Can I ask you a few questions? Did you send any additional letters of continued interest? Did they also email you in addition to calling? 

Sure. I did not send any additional letters of interest nor updates. I kind of just waited it out and got lucky! Martha called me first and she said some emails were going to be sent my way. A few days later, I received the email about the decision as well as a link to pay the seat deposit. 

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone accepted... I am a fellow PA student graduating in 2020 and have a home for rent in the city! I would love to rent it out to PA students so if you are looking for housing starting with the new semester in September... Please reach out! Its a super cute updated home with 2 large bedrooms upstairs and an upstairs bathroom along with a finished basement that can be used as a bedroom. There is a finished Full bathroom in the basement as well. 

Archived