2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, papag said:

Just got accepted off the alternate list.. I interviewed on 8/7! 

How long after your interview were you placed on the alternate list? I interviewed 9/15 and have been checking my account on midwestern's website and haven't seen any updates. Thanks!

1 hour ago, papag said:

Just got accepted off the alternate list.. I interviewed on 8/7! 

Did your applicant checklist change when you were on the waitlist? I have seen no updates on my portal until today. My applicant checklist now has all my prerequisites listed but I don't have an accepted checklist and have not received an email. 

1 hour ago, jpark said:

Did your applicant checklist change when you were on the waitlist? I have seen no updates on my portal until today. My applicant checklist now has all my prerequisites listed but I don't have an accepted checklist and have not received an email. 

My portal did not change when I was on the waitlist. My prereqs were listed prior to being put on the waitlist, although I never received an email about the waitlist. I received a letter in the mail. But I found out about my acceptance via email this afternoon!

4 minutes ago, papag said:

My portal did not change when I was on the waitlist. My prereqs were listed prior to being put on the waitlist, although I never received an email about the waitlist. I received a letter in the mail. But I found out about my acceptance via email this afternoon!

Thank you for the information! I interviewed early October and my prerequisites were just loaded today. I have no idea what that means. Congratulations on your acceptance!! Very exciting :) 

1 minute ago, jpark said:

Thank you for the information! I interviewed early October and my prerequisites were just loaded today. I have no idea what that means. Congratulations on your acceptance!! Very exciting :) 

The same thing happened to me today too. Tried to call but it was 10 until 5 so I left a message!

I checked my portal today as well and saw prerequisite courses added to the applicant checklist which were not there before. I called and they said I'm on the wait list as of today (status change). I hadn't seen those prerequisites courses until today which is odd, maybe they've only begun to review my file. However, on this forum I saw someone who was wait-listed in early August and just got accepted today so I wouldn't worry just yet. Only problem is how long we'll have to wait is really up in the air now, might not hear back until possibly the Spring.  

1 hour ago, Dizzy96 said:

I checked my portal today as well and saw prerequisite courses added to the applicant checklist which were not there before. I called and they said I'm on the wait list as of today (status change). I hadn't seen those prerequisites courses until today which is odd, maybe they've only begun to review my file. However, on this forum I saw someone who was wait-listed in early August and just got accepted today so I wouldn't worry just yet. Only problem is how long we'll have to wait is really up in the air now, might not hear back until possibly the Spring.  

Keep in mind I interviewed all the way back in September (9/22 to be exact) so it shows how long it may take to hear back. 

I think for our class one of our cohort made a Facebook group and then emailed the link to whoever was the admissions coordinator. I think for us it was Nicole Liddle. There actually ended up being two groups but we all consolidated when Nicole sent out a mass email in January. I would say look to see if there is a group up on a Facebook yet and if not, make one! As a reference, our class’s group is “Midwestern University (IL) PA Class of 2019”

1 hour ago, PA1309 said:

I can’t remember the method of correspondence they said would be used. How do they let you know you’re rejected/waitlisted/accepted?

At the interview, they said they will email you right away if you get accepted and if you are waitlisted, they said they will only update your status on portal

5 minutes ago, rosiepoo_unowho said:

Got invited to interview on Sept 1st, but a number of factors didn't allow me to fly from CA to interview until now- I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the advice on MMI and the process overall.

Any last minute advice from others who have recently interviewed would be appreciated!

From what I saw at the interview, they want to make you feel comfortable and really just want your opinion in each scenario to gauge your personality and how you would respond to various ethical situations. I think if you just think about the personality qualities of a PA that you have and think are important, it’ll help you if you get stuck! As all others have been saying, be yourself :) Good luck!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 7:20 PM, knowleka said:

I’m wondering this as well!

Hey guys! I'm actually creating one! Nicole Liddle is going to be sending emails out to other deposited students, because I can't officially create the group until I invite at least one person, and I'm not friends with any of you yet! She was going to send an email out to deposited students so they can email me - but if you guys want to just private message and share your facebook name with me I can friend you on Facebook and add you to it (and anyone else who is reading this and is accepted as well)!

So excited to meet you all :) 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:52 PM, JKBIOmed said:

Has anyone heard when the last interview cycle will be? Online it says they interview into January but it doesn't sound like anyone has heard for December yet.. Any word on if the class is full/they are not interviewing as long this year?

When I signed up to interview, the latest date available was December 8th. I was also wondering if they would be doing more interviews or if that was the last interview session. Is anyone else going to be interviewing next Friday with me?

Archived