2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Melva said:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum! I applied late, closer to the deadline and haven't heard back. Do you guys think it's too late to get an interview at this point? I do have a class pending which I will finish this month, does that really affect you? 

I submitted my CASPA application on 09/30 and received an interview invite 10/10. From what I've read, there are still interview dates available. They mentioned in the interview that you can email any updates that would affect their decision. I recommend you email them if you think it's relevant (i.e. prerequisites, shadowing, health care experience). As long as they know you'll have the course completed before the end of the year, you should be fine.

25 minutes ago, Melva said:

Congratulations!!!! I wonder if they are officially full. I never heard back from them. ?

For my year they continually pulled from the waitlist until April. And from the year before I know of someone who didn’t get the call (literally a call) until the week of orientation. 

Plus they have two more interview dates in January so ?‍♀️

6 hours ago, physicianassistant13 said:

when did you interview and did you keep in contact with them while you were on the waitlist?

I interviewed on September 19th and was waitlisted around November 5th if I remember correctly! I wasn't in touch with anyone from the school since I was placed on the waitlist, and received email of my acceptance this week! 

Hope that helps, and best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

So I know this is a long shot but I have an interview January 12th and something just came up on the same day that makes it difficult to attend. I am not even sure how to go about this but any chance someone from the 9th is wanting to switch dates for the 12??

1 hour ago, Sades said:

So I know this is a long shot but I have an interview January 12th and something just came up on the same day that makes it difficult to attend. I am not even sure how to go about this but any chance someone from the 9th is wanting to switch dates for the 12??

You could try contacting the admissions office and explaining your situation to them. They are very responsive on their admissil@midwestern.edu email. Good luck!

On 1/2/2018 at 0:30 PM, Sades said:

I am contemplating cancelling my interview for the 9th...I have to decide tonight. I should go because I have not been accepted anywhere and I desperately need the interview practice before I interview for my top choice in two weeks. But I am already driving 4.5 hours on the 12th to go to an interview in Iowa. I'm also really worried about the cost of tuition and cost of living/rent in the area. And Illinois is not a nursing compact state, so my husband would have to jump through hoops to work there...I can't decide!

Archived