Need a Flexible Part Time Job. Ideas?

I'm 9 months into my first job as an ER PA and I'm ready to pick up a side gig. I work 13-14 days a month on random days so I need a job that's flexible. 

I have looked into several wound care and home health options but they all require a set schedule. 

I would prefer to try something different so I do not want to pick up more ER shifts. 

Any ideas?

There are a few national companies that do home health or home screening for particular insurance companies or age groups.

I have been in contact with Landmark and another one out of California. 

They sometimes offer part time gigs on a per diem, 1099 basis.

You could also find a large multispecialty group or large IM, FP group and see if they need a float for vacations or overflow. 

Also, intake physicals at mental health facilities that have to be done within 24 hours of mental health/addiction hospitalization - several friends used to do these for extra income. 

Or, per diem at correctional facilities for intake physicals. Be leery of corporate contracts to jails as many are under fire for MASSIVE issues with care and deaths on their watch.

Hope that helps.

This may be a little more involved than you'd like it to be but for several years I was a one man locums company. I formed a LLC, bought my own malpractice policy (part time to keep the cost down) and marketed myself informally in the area. I made sure everyone know my availability was sporadic but I always had more work than I had time to do. I did IM, Family Med, Community Health Centers, Rural Health Clinics, and urgent care.

There are a few more things you need to do to reduce your tax liability and maximize the deductions you can take but if you are interested in details we can have a PM or email conversation.

Archived