GoyaHoya69

2016-2017 Yale University Application Thread

136 posts in this topic

Just thought I would start a thread for all those applying this cycle. I was CASPA verified on 6/17 and received email confirmation of their receipt of my application on the same day, 6/17.

Good luck!

CASPA verified 6/13, emailed application received and under review 6/16, finished supplemental application yesterday 6/19. So now I'm waiting for the email to confirm my application status.

Does anyone know why they send out an email that your app is under review even if you haven't submitted your supplemental application? Are they just reviewing for completion? I can't imagine them deciding until they receive your supplemental application.

After you submit your supplemental, you will then get a "Your application is complete" so yes, they are just reviewing for completion.

After submitting my supplemental, I did not get another e-mail stating that my application was complete? 

After submitting my supplemental, I did not get another e-mail stating that my application was complete? 

You can email them to make sure? I had this happen with another program who confirmed they got my supplemental and sent me a copy of their complete email. Otherwise I got the email a couple days after I submitted my sup and it's:

Thank you for your application to the Yale PA Program. Your CASPA and Supplemental applications have been received and your file is now complete. We will send your application on for evaluation of your credentials. This process takes some time so we ask for your patience. 

Should you be invited to interview, you will hear from us in early fall. In the interim, should you have any questions you can reach us atpa.program@yale.edu

Best regards,

Yale PA Program

CASPA verified on 6/17 and just submitted the supplemental app today, 7/6. now, the waiting game!

Good luck, I plan on submitting the supplemental by Friday 7/8.

CASPA just verified today and sent over supplemental this afternoon.  Fingers crossed, this is such an excellent program, I hope to be considered!

Most people never think they'll get in but they have to accept someone! Noone in our class expected to get in!

Hey there! I'm new to this forum and just getting the hang of it. Is there anyway you can message? I am looking to apply for the 2017-2018 cycle and had a couple of questions!

I haven't heard anything since mid July when they sent the application under review email.  But last year the invitations to interview didn't start until early September- so I bet we will wait a couple more weeks

Hey all. I'm in the Yale PA class of '18 and we start orientation on Monday. I wouldn't expect to hear anything for another few weeks or so regarding interviews. Last year I got an interview invite on 9/3, interviewed 10/6, and was accepted 10/8. Once the interview process begins it really is a whirlwind with how fast it goes. I know it's hard, but try to just enjoy your time once you've completed your CASPA and supplemental apps before the interview invitations come in. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol shoot nvm I just looked on their website. Luckily I have it all done I was just waiting to tweak it after I finished another supplemental application...so I am going to send it in tonight! 

Submitted my Yale supplemental yesterday. Also late in the game... Rolling admission is so stressful when each school you are applying to has such lengthy/ difficult to finish quickly supplemental apps... 

Hey all. I'm in the Yale PA class of '18 and we start orientation on Monday. I wouldn't expect to hear anything for another few weeks or so regarding interviews. Last year I got an interview invite on 9/3, interviewed 10/6, and was accepted 10/8. Once the interview process begins it really is a whirlwind with how fast it goes. I know it's hard, but try to just enjoy your time once you've completed your CASPA and supplemental apps before the interview invitations come in. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you mind posting your stats?

Nothing here either!  Last year they started Sept 3- so it looks like they may be slightly late (or those with invites haven't posted).  I am trying to be patient, but Yale is one of my top choices... so it is hard not to get antsy :)