2016-2017 Yale University Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

Guest GoyaHoya69

Just got the call this morning .. accepted! Interviewed on 10/20. Definitely makes things interesting. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the interview process or anything. I'm happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any information on if Yale is now going to be online...? I hadn't heard anything about it on their website but was reading about their program recently and some sources are talking about their PA program being online.

Also, how are the interviews structured? (one on one or group)

There will be an online PA program, however it is completely separate than the one you are currently interviewing for. I'm not quite sure when the online program begins, but my understanding is that our curriculum will not be affected by the online program. 

Just got the call this morning .. accepted! Interviewed on 10/20. Definitely makes things interesting. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the interview process or anything. I'm happy to help.

I so wish I hadn't read this. Interviewed 10/18 and haven't heard back. Think this forum is driving me crazy! But congratulations to you.

So I've already been accepted to a few other programs, each of which is much less expensive than Yale. I'm still waiting to hear from Yale since my interview. However, if accepted, is there significant benefit to attending Yale over another program (around 100k total less) and the other program is reputable in my area and has had a 100% PANCE pass rate in the last two years? I've heard there is a benefit if I want to pursue a PhD or research but if I just want to practice as a PA, is it worth that extreme added debt? Thoughts...

There will be an online PA program, however it is completely separate than the one you are currently interviewing for. I'm not quite sure when the online program begins, but my understanding is that our curriculum will not be affected by the online program. 

Hi Em, can you comment on the structure of the interview? Is it one-on-one, or will there be group interviews? Did you have on-site essays? Appreciate your help!

I have an interview tomorrow . . I was trying to recall what questions they asked on the supplemental. For some reason I didn't save them and now trying to recall them so I don't repeat myself. Anyone keep track of them?

In a nutshell:

1) Explain how you envision fulfilling Yale's mission as a graduate of the program

2) Describe experiences you had working with underserved communities and what you learned

3) How have you prepared to enter a program with an emphasis on clinical research? Describe your strengths + weaknesses

Received my interview invite today. Scheduled myself for October 20 (I had two options).

Verified: July 1

App Complete: August 29 (yeah....it took me a long time XD ).

Interview Invitation Received: Sept. 23

Interview Date: October 20

I honestly did not think I had a shot getting even an interview. Applied out of whim. Average GPA, average GRE, and minimum healthcare hours. They definitely conduct a holistic review, that's for sure.

Good luck to everyone!

You mean on a whim. Jesus, you got an interview...

Hi everyone. I have an interview 11/15!

I was wondering if anyone flew to any of the New York airports and what kind of transportation you may have used to and from the airports?

I will also be interviewing 11/15. Do you happen to know the style of interview that they have? Is it MMI or personal? I'm flying into Hartford. I found a good deal and it turned out cheaper than NY.

Hi everyone. I have an interview 11/15!

I was wondering if anyone flew to any of the New York airports and what kind of transportation you may have used to and from the airports?

Congrats on your interview. I did the same thing as cupofcoffee...flew in to JFK--> AirTrain to Jamaica Station--> Manhattain Bound E Train to Lexington Ave--> Downtown 6 to Grand Central--> Metro North to the last stop, New Haven. 

It saves a lot of money (~$50 for airtrain/subway/metro north round trip) but it took me about 4 hours to get from my terminal to New Haven. You have to consider the kind of toll that will take on your energy and see if you're able to handle that before your interview!  

Congrats! I intervied with you and I got accepted as well :) Are you planning to attend? Also, anyone else who got accepted, are you going to attend?

Guest GoyaHoya69

Congrats! I intervied with you and I got accepted as well :) Are you planning to attend? Also, anyone else who got accepted, are you going to attend?

Yes, it was a tough decision, but I will be attending. I'm making the facebook page later today and will post it in the class of 2019 topic. Can't wait to be classmates!

Archived