Don't Ask Don't Tell

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PM me when your in town. We'll go to the O club @ EAFB (Rich doesn't have one) and hoist a cold one. You too Adams, you ornery old man (lol)

I-25 north to I-90 west at Buffalo WY or to I-80 west to SLC up I-84 to PDX and I-5???? They don't let "enlisted swine" drink with "Gentlemen" or do they??? :-)

You brand people you don't know as racist, homophobes, "Christians" with negative conotations because they hold views contrary to yours, a typical liberal tactic attacking the person not their ideas.

Uh, NO, it's because they've declared their allegiance to 'THE BIBLE'?

But let's leave the abortion debate for another thread ... not because i'm dodging, but because I don't want to steer off ...

Finally, my bad for the other. So, why is it whenever a black Republican that considers themselves a 'christian' ... et al, et al blah blah blah

natetaylor, when someone talks about "lifestyle", well, duh ... I'll let you figure it out. As for anyone taking me seriously, I'll let you know when I give a damn. It doesn't matter if no one else here stands with me on this, 78% of the nation already has and that's good enough for me. Actually, if they did or not wouldn't matter either. But support is always nice :)

But let's leave the abortion debate for another thread ... not because i'm dodging, but because I don't want to steer off ...

Finally, my bad for the other. So, why is it whenever a black Republican that considers themselves a 'christian' ... et al, et al blah blah blah

roflmao You must excuse my "liberal" tactics!! LOL

natetaylor, when someone talks about "lifestyle", well, duh ... I'll let you figure it out. As for anyoen taking me seriously, I'll let you know when I give a damn. It doesn't matter if no one else stands with me on this, 78% of the nation already has and that's good enough for me.

I make note of the use of small B in "black" and the big "R" in republican. If you truly had a clue about me ,your uses would be just the opposite! You've spoken to 73% of the people in this nation on your position??? Can you please define hyperbole and huberuis for the forum?????? Where is Pancho Sanza ?????

I-25 north to I-90 west at Buffalo WY or to I-80 west to SLC up I-84 to PDX and I-5???? They don't let "enlisted swine" drink with "Gentlemen" or do they??? :-)

Only with responsible adult supervision (lol). Even though I am classified as a RLO, I think Nate's going to have to fill that roll. You know what they say about us Irishman

You've spoken to 73% of the people in this nation on your position??? Can you please define hyperbole and huberuis for the forum?????? Where is Pancho Sanza ?????

From http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/28/congress.military.gays.policy/index.html :

A recent CNN poll seemed to suggest that Americans were ready for the change. The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Tuesday indicated that 78 percent of the public supports allowing openly gay people to serve in the military, with one in five opposed.
(bold mine, or is it Bold mine)

78% of those polled is a more accurate statement and neither you nor I can say how the questions were presented. These polls are nothing more than manipulation efforts to sway public opinion .

I see you side stepped the capitalization issue!

Really? Really? You know a Christian that has declared his/her allegiance to the Bible? I've know hundreds of them intimately and never found one who did. Many (not all) believe it is the Word of God, but none I know of declare their allegiance to it. We read it, try to understand it, follow it's precepts, have a reverence for it........but our allegiance is to God alone. The written word is interpreted by everyone differently. Most Christians don't try to force their understanding of the the Bible on others. You have a myopic view of a very diverse Christian community. If you want to find someone who is stereotyping....look in the mirror.

I like the stache too.

Don't ask, don't tell worked!! What is the big deal? Why is it so important to fly the rainbow flag. Why so in your face "I'm Gay, and I'm here to stay? I don't get it. I don't go around saying, Hetero and I'm proud of it!

Why is this even an issue??

Honestly, why is this even important?

If your gay, cool that is your business. Why even the need to tell people? I just don't get it. Look we are all the same in the fox hole right? I just don't get this issue.

I do think, however, that one cannot be gay and Christian at the same time. Jesus never said Blessed are the Gay's for they shall inherit the Earth, He said, Blessed are the Cheese-makers and the Meek.....

Fly your Rainbow flag at home, keep it at home, and not in the military.

You all need to revisit the first two pages of this thread...to figure out who threw the first punch. Some thing DOC said, pissed of Heme, Greg then came in thinking Heme was talking to him, Greg and HEME duke it out, then Nate comes in, thrashes Heme, then its just been Heme and Nate trading blows. And a few well placed comments about Heme's mustache and Roman talking about leather chaps...

I have read alot, gaining alot of advice from all of you, much of my plan to seek a commission his stemmed from your comments and experiences. I thank you for that and your service, and also those civilian PAs...however, I really hope I don't ever meet any of you during my service and practice. It seems respect, responsibility and accountability is only offered in "real time", "face-to-face" "when I have too", uniformed or not...damn, you guys represent much more than your selves, the PA profession, the military and the United States.... But if I do meet one of you, forbid ALL of you, I promise to be respectful to you, and work hard serving the best medical care I can administer, but NEVER to bring up politics and religion...I think those two topics should also hold a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I may be PC, but Ill leave politics to the politicians and Religion to the Church...I am here to learn and practice Medicine.

Don't ask, don't tell worked!! What is the big deal? Why is it so important to fly the rainbow flag. Why so in your face "I'm Gay, and I'm here to stay? I don't get it. I don't go around saying, Hetero and I'm proud of it!

Why is this even an issue??

Honestly, why is this even important?

If your gay, cool that is your business. Why even the need to tell people? I just don't get it. Look we are all the same in the fox hole right? I just don't get this issue.

I do think, however, that one cannot be gay and Christian at the same time. Jesus never said Blessed are the Gay's for they shall inherit the Earth, He said, Blessed are the Cheese-makers and the Meek.....

Fly your Rainbow flag at home, keep it at home, and not in the military.

If people find out, you're out.

No one should have to feel like they need to hide, or that they're a second-class soldier. And why should they, because of some ancient and illogical religious text that has absolutely nothing to do with the military? Grow up, it's called secularity.

http://washingtonindependent.com/83038/military-fired-443-servicemembers-for-being-gay-last-year

Better than it used to be, but still senseless.

You all need to revisit the first two pages of this thread...to figure out who threw the first punch. Some thing DOC said, pissed of Heme, Greg then came in thinking Heme was talking to him, Greg and HEME duke it out, then Nate comes in, thrashes Heme, then its just been Heme and Nate trading blows. And a few well placed comments about Heme's mustache and Roman talking about leather chaps...

I have read alot, gaining alot of advice from all of you, much of my plan to seek a commission his stemmed from your comments and experiences. I thank you for that and your service, and also those civilian PAs...however, I really hope I don't ever meet any of you during my service and practice. It seems respect, responsibility and accountability is only offered in "real time", "face-to-face" "when I have too", uniformed or not...damn, you guys represent much more than your selves, the PA profession, the military and the United States.... But if I do meet one of you, forbid ALL of you, I promise to be respectful to you, and work hard serving the best medical care I can administer, but NEVER to bring up politics and religion...I think those two topics should also hold a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I may be PC, but Ill leave politics to the politicians and Religion to the Church...I am here to learn and practice Medicine.

After you spend some time in the Medical Platoon of a Combat Arms Battalion you will learn an awfull lot about speaking up and also learn to take a good verbal punch or two without crying or whinning. I can't comment on the current Basic Combat Training but I saw more than a few "Moma's Boys" crying themselves to sleep after a day of being yelled at and verbally abused. Being an officer and PA on top of it may shield you some ,but a 2LT in the manuver units you had bettter be able to take having more than a few officers and some senior NCO's call you out on more than your job .In less than kind terms be ready to show and kick some "sack" my youngling paduwan.

Doc Adams, I'm in Boise. I was on the road for 13 hours today. Painful. Headed all the way to Lewis tomorrow and grabbing some fresh seafood and tour the place. Let me know if you have any favorite places I should hit.

Andy- We're just using this forum as a means to make friends, discuss military related topics, and then to discuss things person to person that may and sometimes may not effect the military just simply because there are military and military retires on here who have shared experiences and have a better understanding of each others viewpoint. Some people on here are medics, some are PAs, some are NP's. I find the respect thing on here funny because it very much so mimics the sink or swim environment the military offers except the net offers you the opportunity to fact check yourself and other posters. You'll find that most of the military people on here possess the ability to respectfully disagree. There are others that feel the need to try to be on the attack (ensure that they are military and not a troll with no intentions on joining the military thus are here to stir the room). When this happens, the military folks typically will indulge and meet the attacker at the level they need to be met which also mimics military culture. Some of these guys are the pioneers of the PA profession within the Army and others are modern day Soldier-PA's who have deployed several times defending the nation. These are the types of folks who made the job desirable in the first place. If they jump on here and let their hair down from time to time don't count them out as someone you wouldn't want to meet, you'll cheat yourself. This is a true sampling of the military PA population.

Lastly, if you join up you will (ideally) be stuck in some line unit with the very foundation of our nation's military. They may not always act how you think they should, but when the phone rings, they are the boots on the ground with the anger and tenacity to get the job done. Don't get disappointed when you see our nation's war-fighter the day after a drunken barracks party fiasco. You kick him in the ***, get him back in line, and judge him when you see him do what he does best, fight and win this nation's wars. The military is a family though dysfunctional as hell in relationship. There may be some stuff I don't like about someone on here but if they've served this nation well not only would I be interested in meeting them, I'd give the shirt off my back to them. This, I promise you, the civilian world cannot offer. When are you joining?

Roger that gentlemen. I do have a better understanding. My only thing is as a newbie, intellectual sad sack, I'm opposed to radical thinking, either side of the battle lines, something I have and will learn how to manage...learning and grasping the culture of the military, I think Ill fit in, may take a few dozen shellackings though for sure. I believe my "youngling paduwan" title is spot on. (just hope it dose'nt stick as a nickname). I am stoked to be able to treat the American war fighter. I too am outspoken, left of the fence but I love a good kick *** and throw down. Ready to learn, ready to meet some of you, forbid ALL of you, ALL at the same time, I picture you guys taking advantage of little ol'me. =)

Nate, I have sent in paperwork to my recruiter(also classmate), seeking direct commission in the Army National Guard in Washington state. I dont have ANY military experience, did ROTC during undergrad, but got a job with the UN in Liberia (UNMIL) during the end of the war there, went there instead. But always wanted to serve, and to gain some non-civilian experience.

Nate, your in Boise, and drove from there to Lewis? Horrible drive, my wife's family lives in Boise, cant count the hours spend between Seattle and Boise.

Very well, my mental compass and impression has been redirected. Thank you, for your time and your service.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy- We're just using this forum as a means to make friends, discuss military related topics, and then to discuss things person to person that may and sometimes may not effect the military just simply because there are military and military retires on here who have shared experiences and have a better understanding of each others viewpoint. Some people on here are medics, some are PAs, some are NP's. I find the respect thing on here funny because it very much so mimics the sink or swim environment the military offers except the net offers you the opportunity to fact check yourself and other posters. You'll find that most of the military people on here possess the ability to respectfully disagree. There are others that feel the need to try to be on the attack (ensure that they are military and not a troll with no intentions on joining the military thus are here to stir the room). When this happens, the military folks typically will indulge and meet the attacker at the level they need to be met which also mimics military culture. Some of these guys are the pioneers of the PA profession within the Army and others are modern day Soldier-PA's who have deployed several times defending the nation. These are the types of folks who made the job desirable in the first place. If they jump on here and let their hair down from time to time don't count them out as someone you wouldn't want to meet, you'll cheat yourself. This is a true sampling of the military PA population.

Lastly, if you join up you will (ideally) be stuck in some line unit with the very foundation of our nation's military. They may not always act how you think they should, but when the phone rings, they are the boots on the ground with the anger and tenacity to get the job done. Don't get disappointed when you see our nation's war-fighter the day after a drunken barracks party fiasco. You kick him in the ***, get him back in line, and judge him when you see him do what he does best, fight and win this nation's wars. The military is a family though dysfunctional as hell in relationship. There may be some stuff I don't like about someone on here but if they've served this nation well not only would I be interested in meeting them, I'd give the shirt off my back to them. This, I promise you, the civilian world cannot offer. When are you joining?

Man Nate, you have me all nostalgic! Hell, I always knew I was going back in anyway, haha.

Doc Adams, I'm in Boise. I was on the road for 13 hours today. Painful. Headed all the way to Lewis tomorrow and grabbing some fresh seafood and tour the place. Let me know if you have any favorite places I should hit.

Nate ,as usual you provided informative and insightful guidance to someone on the outside looking in. Hey I love Ivar's in Seattle either at the downtown / harbor area or Lake Union. I made the drive you are doing from Ft Lewis to CT in a U-Haul Ditty move back in 85 . Only 500 more miles to Tacoma! I you can cut across to I-90 off of I-84 by takking the cutoff towards Yakamia, WA. PM Contrarian I think he lives near the ferry terminal in Bellingham you guys may be able to shoot the breeze in person.

istat2 ,yes we military folks are one big dysfunctional family, but like most families we can b*tch about each other but outsiders can't say s**t bad about one of us unless they want a fight!

Andymac, as an old broken Soldier I respect and thank you for being prepared to join up. But I truly want you to know that in the military you will hear from a bunch of folks who will jump on you and talk s**t to you about almost every subject that you can imagine and you WILL learn an awful lot from these folks. Some PFC from backwoods Arkansas or a homeboy from the hood with GEDs or college degrees will follow your orders but they will challenge you ,if and when they think you are wrong , in the way any Soldier would recognize as calling you out respectfully. PM me about your PA program.

Nate, your in Boise, and drove from there to Lewis? Horrible drive, my wife's family lives in Boise, cant count the hours spend between Seattle and Boise.

Cheers,

Andy

My wife and I cranked out the drive between Boise and Ft. Lewis. I loved eastern Oregon and western Washington. Especially the mountains thru Washington.

Doc A- I took the exact route you speak of. It was quick and easy. I just got your post now so we hit "Harbor Light" down on the water there in Tacoma. It was good but pricey. I'll check out Ivar's Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks.

Istat- a huge understatement indeed :D.

Archived