Don't Ask Don't Tell

Guest TerryF

Since you have not read what I said in context or commented on it in context, it amuses me that you feel so high and mighty in judging me. What did I really say in my first post in this thread? What did I really say? What did I not say? Go back and read what I said, not what you thought I said or wished I had said.

Your comments are way off focus. This was not about homosexuals or Christians. All that I said was that I think homosexuality is not an appropriate topic for this forum. You took offense like I was stomping on one of your golden cows. Give it up and just address what I said. You have carried it way beyond what I actually said.

Also, I never spoke ill of souther Christians, as I too am one.

Give it a break.

TerryF

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umbrance is a solecism. But at least your preposition was correct! According to the Oxford English Dictionary, you can give umbrage

(displeasure, annoyance, offence, resentment) to and take umbrage at, but you

can't take umbrage with. Sooooo,

I take umbrage at umbrance.

I cann't believe the moderator let this continue.

I won't speak for the other mods but I am trying to not to get too heavy handed with these threads. The original spirit of the thread was about serving as a military PA, so there is relevance to the profession. If things persist in a way that has lost the original meaning of the thread or gets out of hand, then it can be closed.

Re: the recent turn the thread has taken...and considering usual forum "process"...the juxtaposition of these two comments is perplexing:

This thread has no business at this forum. I am a Christian, and I believe homosexuality is a sin. I don't say this to start some argument/debate (so don't try to start one with me!).

I don't bring my personal ethics/religion to this forum--it is not the time or place. AND I don't think any of you should do it, either.

This forum is about PAs practicing medicine, not about sex and your (or my) personal opinions.

• 1 month later...
Umbrance is a solecism. But at least your preposition was correct! According to the Oxford English Dictionary, you can give umbrage

(displeasure, annoyance, offence, resentment) to and take umbrage at, but you

can't take umbrage with. Sooooo,

I take umbrage at umbrance.

Thanks, sometimes I really do damage to the language.

Archived