2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too received an acceptance letter from UNE! Congratulations to those who also received the good news. 

For those that didn't I am so sorry. I know it is so disappointing and I wish you the best of luck with all of your other schools! My unsolicited advice would be to make sure to contact each school you applied to and get feed back from them on how you can improve your application specifically. Then, re-apply very early in the cycle next year. This was my 2nd time applying to PA school. I turned in my CASPA and supplementals in May/early June for all my schools and I think that made a huge difference. Have faith that you will become a PA one day! Sometimes not getting in the first time around is actually a good thing, I know for me it was even though it was hard to see it at the time.  

I too received an acceptance letter from UNE! Congratulations to those who also received the good news. 

For those that didn't I am so sorry. I know it is so disappointing and I wish you the best of luck with all of your other schools! My unsolicited advice would be to make sure to contact each school you applied to and get feed back from them on how you can improve your application specifically. Then, re-apply very early in the cycle next year. This was my 2nd time applying to PA school. I turned in my CASPA and supplementals in May/early June for all my schools and I think that made a huge difference. Have faith that you will become a PA one day! Sometimes not getting in the first time around is actually a good thing, I know for me it was even though it was hard to see it at the time.  

hfillman- I will be applying for the first time next cycle as I am still completing a majority of my pre-reqs. When did you have your CASPA submitted the first time around? I was planning on taking the GRE next July or so after I complete pre-reqs. Will submitting an application after this negatively effect me? 

How long does the CASPA take to complete? I know this is all general information, but I figured I would begin to think about it now! Thanks and I appreciate your positivity. 

hfillman- I will be applying for the first time next cycle as I am still completing a majority of my pre-reqs. When did you have your CASPA submitted the first time around? I was planning on taking the GRE next July or so after I complete pre-reqs. Will submitting an application after this negatively effect me?

How long does the CASPA take to complete? I know this is all general information, but I figured I would begin to think about it now! Thanks and I appreciate your positivity.

I applied and submitted everything by the end of May. I am a supporter of early application as well, also I would try and take your GRE earlier. July is not late but it isn't early either, it also doesn't give you an opportunity to retake it if needed.

Thanks miles! Are only your top GRE scores sent if for whatever reason do not meet the programs standards or do they see all attempts? I know this is very basic information, but I just made a switch in careers so this is all a learning process. And sorry for somewhat highjacking the thread. Best of luck to everyone in the application/interview process. This has immensely helped me and shown me that I need to get on the process sooner than later.   

Hi all - wondering if anyone else got the interview invite for Oct 22nd? And if anyone has any recommendations as to where to stay in Portland. Planning on coming out for a couple days to check out the area!

Got an invite for Oct. 22nd as well. It looks like there are a few hotels near the school. Are you driving or flying in?

Hey there! The first time I applied I didn't submit my application until right before the deadline in late August/September depending on which school it was. July isn't a bad time to apply, but the earlier the better. There are plenty of people who submit their application late in the game and get accepted. I would recommend taking the GRE earlier than July if you are able to just because it takes time to process and get the official results to schools. 

Your CASPA application will take a long time. I don't have exact number of hours, but the personal statement alone took a lot of time between writing, editing, having friends and family proof read it, and then re-editing it. Make sure to give yourself more time than you think you will need to write your essays.

Lastly, the first thing I recommend doing is having your official transcripts sent to CASPA. I know too many people who didn't send their transcripts in on time and missed the deadline. If you send them in right away then it is off your plate and you can focus on other things.

Best of luck on your application! 

Submitted 8/15 and received email for confirmation on 8/17 and still haven't heard anything back! how long did it take others to hear back?

Hello! It really all depends. Don't worry that you haven't heard back yet, there are still 3 interviews to go! Usually you can hear anywhere from a month to two weeks before the interview session if you have been invited.

Last year I interviewed in November and got invited a month prior, and this time was a little sooner. Hope this helped. Good luck!!

Hello! It really all depends. Don't worry that you haven't heard back yet, there are still 3 interviews to go! Usually you can hear anywhere from a month to two weeks before the interview session if you have been invited.

Last year I interviewed in November and got invited a month prior, and this time was a little sooner. Hope this helped. Good luck!!

Thank you! :)

Hope to see some of you at the Oct. 22nd interview! Congrats to those that have already been accepted. And I second the send your transcripts in first advice, my community college took nearly 2 months to send mine in (and I didn't notice for a few weeks because I was so focused on other parts of the apps) and I really think it hurt my chances of getting in this cycle. So far I have 2 interviews so fingers crossed.

I submitted my application on October 1st, verified October 7, received an email saying my application had been received today (10/10) received a second email an hour later saying my application had been sent to committee. How long does it usually take from this point to hear something back about an interview? Congrats by the way to all who received interviews and acceptance letters. 

Received an interview for November 12th! This is my only interview so far so I'm just excited to get one. For those still waiting, goodluck! I'm sure they have tons of applications to review at this point. I turned in my application in August and got my interview invitation October 4th, so it took a while for me. 

Archived