OHSU 2016 Application cycle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an interview invite today! My first one, woo!!!!

Also got an interview invite today as well!

Have y'all gotten the dates for the interview yet, or just the invitation? They said they would send the dates sometime at the end of August but I haven't heard anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be interviewing on October 28th. I am so glad to have a date set! 

For those wondering, the interview dates are October 21st, October 28th, November 7th, November 18th, and November 28th. They said they may add more interview dates later on. 

Look forward to meeting some of you!

Coming in from Seattle on Nov 6th for a Nov 7th interview. Anyone else interested in maybe meeting up for coffee on the 6th in the afternoon/evening? I have found it really helpful in the past to have someone you know (at least a little bit) on interview day to calm nerves. I don't know the area much, but I will have a car so I'd be willing to drive wherever!

Got an interview date today for November 28th. I'm a little disappointed with the date, but I'm excited about getting an interview.

If anyone on here (for whatever reason) needs to cancel on an earlier date, will you please let me know, so that I can contact admissions about getting a sooner interview? I would REALLY appreciate it.

I submitted my application in May and received a rejection email in August. I'm guessing it had to do with the fact that I didn't retake the GRE (I took it in 2002 and none of the 3 other schools I applied to required it and I was told by OHSU admissions that they allow you to write a waiver letter if you feel that you can place out of the GRE)). 

If it helps anyone, my GPA was 3.7, undergraduate at an Ivy League University, MS at top tier school and over 3,000 patient care hours as a healthcare professional. I hear that OHSU stresses serving underserved communities, having a desire to work in a rural environment, and gives preferential treatment to OR residents, things that I did not have. So, I guess it wasn't the best fit for me after all. Living in Portland would have been cool, though. 

I got into Stony Brook and just had an interview at Hofstra, so I guess I'm meant to be on Long Island. I'm happy to answer any questions or help anyone, though!

Archived