OHSU 2016 Application cycle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that got interviews and accepted/not accepted (if not, why?). Could you post some of your statistics so myself and others could see how competitive we would be applying for this program? It would be super helpful for myself and most likely others, so we could save time and money if we don't fit the mold. I really do appreciate your time, thank you. Best of luck on your career paths. 

• 2 weeks later...

The committee meeting must have been today or yesterday, because I got an acceptance call this afternoon from Glenn! WOW.

I was not expecting to hear from them, to be honest.

I have already placed a deposit at another school that I felt so strongly about, but OHSU was my first choice beforehand. Now I have some tough decisions to make

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They should have emailed everyone on the alternate list giving them an update and telling them their ranking on the list. I received an email early February regarding my ranking and then another email early March with another update.  I was number 2 on the rank list, and fortunately a seat opened up!!  That being said, if there are any more movements in the class, the person ranked #3 should be up.

Good luck everyone! 

They should have emailed everyone on the alternate list giving them an update and telling them their ranking on the list. I received an email early February regarding my ranking and then another email early March with another update. I was number 2 on the rank list, and fortunately a seat opened up!! That being said, if there are any more movements in the class, the person ranked #3 should be up.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

I too received the call from Glenn yesterday informing me of my acceptance. I am so excited and grateful to be attending school at OHSU next year! I cannot wait to meet everyone! We have an exciting couple of years ahead of us!

For those that didn't get in, have faith. This was my 2nd time applying to PA school. I did a lot of things different this time around, the most important being that I submitted my application in May instead of the week before the deadline. Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions about the reapplication process! 

Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming interviews!!

Wow!! wish I had found this site much sooner! Congrats with getting accepted!! This will be my second time applying and i actually have a meeting with Julie over the phone tomorrow to have an engaging discussion on improving my application from last year. If you have any advice with any changes you had made from the first time applying please share with me :). It is a dream of mine to get to were you are, I am very determined.

I was interviewed last year and was rejected . I spoke with Ted in February and went over my application with him . And I made all the changes in my application for this cycle. guess what I just got rejection letter today. I don't know what even think of it. It's so annoying when you interviewed last year and you're rejected again without even getting another interview.

I sent you a private message, thought it was going to be posted on this forum. Hopefully you get this.

Archived