2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! I am a first year student at RFU and we just started our winter break. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me! Congrats to all that have interviewed and been accepted! For those who were put on the waiting list, don't fret! I believe our current class is made up of up to a third of those from the waitlist. It's what happens when you have a larger class. Also, those who interview in January and February, I know many classmates who interviewed at that time last year and got in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I am a first year student at RFU and we just started our winter break. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me! Congrats to all that have interviewed and been accepted! For those who were put on the waiting list, don't fret! I believe our current class is made up of up to a third of those from the waitlist. It's what happens when you have a larger class. Also, those who interview in January and February, I know many classmates who interviewed at that time last year and got in.

Hey!! Congrats on getting in! This school will be one of my top 5 schools that I would like to attend. So I could really use any advice as to what I can do to be a strong applicant :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I did not get in after my interview. I felt that I knocked the interview out of the park, and that they were really happy with my performance. Then the rejection letter came, as it has so many times. They told me I needed to "work on my interview skills" and that I should "reflect the values of a successful PA student." My GPA is 3.47 and my science GPA is 3.90. Does anyone have any advice for me at this point? It was my first and only PA interview, and now I feel like I was stomped on and thrown in the gutter.

Hi everyone, I did not get in after my interview. I felt that I knocked the interview out of the park, and that they were really happy with my performance. Then the rejection letter came, as it has so many times. They told me I needed to "work on my interview skills" and that I should "reflect the values of a successful PA student." My GPA is 3.47 and my science GPA is 3.90. Does anyone have any advice for me at this point? It was my first and only PA interview, and now I feel like I was stomped on and thrown in the gutter.

Hey, this is exactly what happened to me. It was my first time applying and after my interview they said the same thing... I'm sure they just have too many people who are qualified and they can't take everyone so don't give up! I am going to continue gaining patient care hours and improve my essays as well. The unfortunate reality is that it might just take some time to get in due to the large applicant pool. Hang in there I know it's tough and keep doing everything you have been so far!

Hey, this is exactly what happened to me. It was my first time applying and after my interview they said the same thing... I'm sure they just have too many people who are qualified and they can't take everyone so don't give up! I am going to continue gaining patient care hours and improve my essays as well. The unfortunate reality is that it might just take some time to get in due to the large applicant pool. Hang in there I know it's tough and keep doing everything you have been so far!

Having been waitlisted here this cycle and rejected here last year. I emailed them my generic "rejection" letter from last year which is exactly the same as above but reworded it. It read along the lines of " Due to the fact that I have applied to many programs and have been accepted to a far better program, I will no longer be considering Rosalind Franklin as a potential program to attend. I believe RFUMS does not reflect the values of a successful PA program and if you would like to be considered by future applicants please figure out how not to be a bad program".

So that pretty much is how I got off their waitlist this cycle....

Having been waitlisted here this cycle and rejected here last year. I emailed them my generic "rejection" letter from last year which is exactly the same as above but reworded it. It read along the lines of " Due to the fact that I have applied to many programs and have been accepted to a far better program, I will no longer be considering Rosalind Franklin as a potential program to attend. I believe RFUMS does not reflect the values of a successful PA program and if you would like to be considered by future applicants please figure out how not to be a bad program".

So that pretty much is how I got off their waitlist this cycle....

Would you mind sharing what number on the waitlist you were? And congrats for getting in elsewhere!

Would you mind sharing what number on the waitlist you were? And congrats for getting in elsewhere!

Don't be discouraged if you are on the waitlist. Many people in the program right now applied 2,3 and even 4 times. Last year the waitlist moved right before school started and we have 8 incredible students. The school has to fit the applicant and the applicant has to fit the school. There are thousands of applicants and it's a frustrating process to go through. Just know everyone else is going through it as well.

Thank you!

This program is my #1 choice and I'm just really nervous! I'm trying to gage how many ppl usually get in from the wait list per cycle. I'm just driving myself crazy really instead of staying focused and thinking about the next application cycle which starts in a couple of months again!

As said before, there are so many applicants and very few spots to get in. RFU does have a unique type of interview process and that can be a factor. Like Tara said above, many people got in off of the waitlist that are in the current class. Keep hoping!!! In the meantime, keep obtaining PCE and make sure you take the time for yourself! Do something fun to get your mind off of it and maintain a good support system.

Archived