2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have three questions:

1. When does RFUMS have their white coat ceremony?

2. What is the start date of the program and will there be any activities prior to the start date that we will have to attend?

3. Does anyone know reliable off-campus housing options aside from navy housing and the woodlands?

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I have three questions:

1. When does RFUMS have their white coat ceremony?

2. What is the start date of the program and will there be any activities prior to the start date that we will have to attend?

3. Does anyone know reliable off-campus housing options aside from navy housing and the woodlands?

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

1. White coat ceremony occurs before the start of your clinical year. Around April after your didactic year. 

2. Program starts May 30th, 2017. Unsure about orientation.

3. There are other off-campus areas that are typically more expensive such as Deer Valley and Forest Pointe (west of RFUMS and on Waukegan Rd) - The students I know either do school, woodlands, or navy housing. Navy is the cheapest option as the apartments are across the main road from the school, Woodlands is sheer convenience because its practically next to the school's parking lot and have paved walkways to the school. Student housing is the most expensive option of the three i believe, but still convenient as they are similar in price as the "luxury" apartments I mention above.

Note - if you REALLY want to venture out. The school has a shuttle only going from school to lake bluff station. The lake bluff station is the Metra and the line goes from Kenosha to Evanston. So you can find a place close to the any of those station and do that as well.

Anyone that recently got accepted care to share how they prepared for the interview?

The interview is MMI format so there is no real way to prepare it. I just googled MMI interviews and just read what to expect from that type of interview. My biggest advice is to just to be yourself, approach each scenario how you would answer it and not what you think they want to hear. Know where you stand on basic ethical issues and display good people skills

Archived