MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

My only hope is for a Seattle interview (probably January) - has anyone been invited to a January interview yet? 

My academic and clinical prereqs were confirmed on Sep 26th - pretty late in the application cycle. I applied to MEDEX Seattle only and haven't heard anything yet. Friend told me applicants went from 1000 last year to 2200 this year, so I'd expect it's gonna take a while before I hear anything. Hope this gives some comfort! haha. It's not over 'til it's over. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that got interviews and accepted/not accepted (why, if not). Could you post some of your stats so myself and others could see how competitive we would be applying for this program? It would be super helpful for myself and most likely a lot of others, so we could save time and money if we don't fit the mold. I really do appreciate your time and thank you. Good luck everyone. 

Received my rejection letter today, not gonna lie, it stings. But I'm gonna continue to beef up my app for next year! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it is a bummer now. But, you'll do what you have to do, to make it happen next year. But, may I ask...what do you think was something you need to work on for next cycle? Pretty much, why do you think you did not get in? 

I know it is a bummer now. But, you'll do what you have to do, to make it happen next year. But, may I ask...what do you think was something you need to work on for next cycle? Pretty much, why do you think you did not get in?

Maybe my clinical hrs? I had 3,000 which I know there are plenty of applicants out there with an exponential amount greater than mine. Maybe not as many volunteer hours even though I had over 200 hours. My current grades are great but my overall gpa was low do to my young-dumb adolescent years of school. Those are guesses, I just know I gotta keep my head down and stay in the grind. It's not a matter of if I get in, it's a matter of when. I'm in it to win it [emoji4]

I wasn't chosen for the interview either. It was a bummer but I wasn't confident with my application in the first place. Weirdly, I'm excited for the upcoming application cycle because I know where I need to make the improvements (turn in my application much earlier and improve my GRE score).

Congratulations to all those who got accepted!! This is an unforgettable milestone. Hope to experience that feeling next year :) 

How do you know you weren't chosen for interview - isn't there one more in January? Have the invites for that one been sent?

They sent out rejection letters for the cycle, and my friend that also applied got an email stating if she had not received anything yet then she is still under consideration for one of their interviews in January, and if selected will be notified 3 weeks prior to the interview.

• 2 weeks later...

for those of you that received invites for Seattle interview (CONGRATS!) when did MEDEX receive your application? Mine was held up at CASPA and got there really late. I am wondering if mine has even been reviewed yet (beyond the "you meet the qualification" review).

My application didn't get there until September, a few weeks before the deadline (initial review completed 09/19, I believe), and I was interviewed/accepted for the Seattle class last month.

Archived