Anyone else starting to get real anxious?

Yeah, I am a little worried about jumping right in! First semester for us is Gross Anatomy, Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, Intro to the PA Profession, and Identity and Mission in Faith-based Healthcare (Christian school). It sounds awesome! But I was reviewing notes from undergrad and I feel like I need to brush up on some things... Or lots of things.

Did anyone take a year (or more) off? Because I feel like its slowed me down with my studies. :/

As a person who was in your position just last year I know how you all feel [emoji30]. It can be very nerve wracking. Having experienced nothing like it, I was definitely thrown into the deep end, not knowing what to expect; but I assure you, you'll all adjust accordingly. The semesters def progressively get worse but you'll be amazed quickly you learn to swim and how much information you're capable of taking in. You'll all do great, good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm excited yet getting nervous as well! I had two years off in between but I'm glad I was able to work (and will for the rest of this month) as an anatomy & physiology tutor. I'm hoping that will keep most things fresh in my head. I keep reminding myself that as nerve wrecking as it is, it's a privilege to attend a PA school and one day I'll get the hang of it and it won't be as scary!

apthepa.blogspot.com

Hey labrat,

Congrats on your acceptance. If I was in your position I would look to join your classes Facebook page and try to set up a meeting for everyone.

Strength in numbers.

What type of lab work did you do before pa school?

We do have a facebook page, and they have already met for a few happy hours, but I havent been able to attend yet. As far as lab work I am a Medical Technologist and work in the hospital lab.

Counting down my remaining shifts, I work 12's so after tonight I have 13 left before school starts.

Yeah, I am a little worried about jumping right in! First semester for us is Gross Anatomy, Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, Intro to the PA Profession, and Identity and Mission in Faith-based Healthcare (Christian school). It sounds awesome! But I was reviewing notes from undergrad and I feel like I need to brush up on some things... Or lots of things.

Did anyone take a year (or more) off? Because I feel like its slowed me down with my studies. :/

Hi OLW2018! I started my PA Program last June. I had taken off about 3 years from the time I graduated with my undergraduate degree and started PA School. PA School is tough, but like BKNAJ said you get adjusted to it. I did absolutely no review/prep work before starting and have been able to handle all my classes and do well. It is amazing how quickly you are able to get back into the grove of studying and how much you can accomplish and retain in such a short amount of time. 

Archived