To graduate early, or not to graduate early?

Backstory:

I am currently an RA at my university (so I'm pretty busy) and I also spend a lot of time volunteering.

I could potentially graduate next Spring (a whole year early), but that would require me to take an extra class every quarter. I would also have to quit volunteering.

My question is:

Should I try and graduate early, and either have my grades suffer, or have to stop volunteering at the hospital? Or should I graduate 2 quarters early and continue to volunteer at the hospitals?

If you think your grades will suffer, then no, it does not make sense to graduate early.  If you want to graduate early because you know you easily can and it will free up time to pursue paid HCE and life experiences, then yes, that makes sense!

^Agree.  If you want to try to graduate early to go to PA school a year earlier, don't do it.  If you want to have a year to spend your time volunteering and working without worrying about school, then go for it.

I wouldn't do it. I go to a five year school and I am so happy to have had the extra time to really think about what I want for my future and make a game plan for how to get there. To risk your GPA and sanity to graduate just one year earlier doesn't seem like a great plan to me. Plus, volunteering is a great thing and I don't think you should give it up! 

Archived