Army HPSP...no go?

Hey all!

Hoping not to get my rear chewed for not posting in the roll call section first, but not being in the military yet dissuaded me from putting my name up there. Currently been an EMT/Paramedic for around 8 years now, am finishing up my B.S. in Paramedicine prior to applying to PA school. From what I've read on here the military utilizes PA's in some pretty great roles and I am looking to serve. Grew up in an Army family, most of my cohorts have been in, and I feel like its my time to do my part with some great men and women.

Anyways, I sent out a couple emails and phone calls to various Army recruiters, and was informed by them that the HPSP is NOT available for a Masters PA program, anyone else run into this or have any information? I'm in the process of contacting the Naval guys as we speak...

Unfortunately no, the email reply I received was from a contractor and wasn't helpful at all besides "Get your degree then go talk to your local recruiter", and the local recruiter I called seemed unable to understand my question, so it was left at "We've got nothing for you, the website hasn't been updated in a long time". BUT...If the research I've done has proven true, there is a loan repayment program available as well. I appreciate the replies, feeling a little lonely on here haha

If you go IPAP you'll pick up your Master's degree and the Army will foot the bill.

Make sure you speak to a medical recruiter--not every state has one but there is at least one in each region and these folks can fill you in. Have the local recruiter follow chain of command to find a healthcare recruiter if they don't know who it is.

I'm trying to avoid enlisting and rather come in as a commissioned officer utilizing the HPSP, otherwise IPAP would work. Heard its extremely competitive though due to it being such a great program. Working on finding a specific healthcare recruiter here in WA, I had a pretty frustrating time communicating with the local recruiter. Thanks again guys(gals).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived