PANRE: How many people failed then passed?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there anyone who failed the new PANRE and received notice that they actually passed by an email that they would have received this last Thursday able to still see their results on th NCCPA site? I received the email saying that there was a scoring error and I went to my record to see the results and they were there Thursday and Friday saying I passed with the new score. Now, today, my record says the results are still pending for up to 3 weeks, the same thing they say when you take the exam and they say up to 3 weeks from the day you take the exam. I am wondering what happened to my re-scored results that were there there on the website Thursday and Friday and now are not there and saying that it is still pending. I was wondering if anyone who received the new passed score is experiencing the same thing when they now log in and see they still have requirements needed to become certified and click on the exam results and don't see their recent PANRE test listed.

Yes Contrarian, you're right. You always are. Thank you for showing me the way...

No not really....Your testing example from Paramedic school is outdated and obsolete as it pertains tot eh PANRE. You incorrectly presume the vast majority of testers were adversly affected. You fail to recognize this situation is neither unique nor germane soley to the PA profession. Your geographic isolation is not grounds to eliminate recertification. You are extrapolating the scoring error committed and admitted to as a call-to-arms for a referendum to eliminate the PANRE....I could go on, but I won't anymore....since you've allowed this to degenerate into a picture/name calling affair that sadly, I've succumb to...I'd delete it if I knew how.

post-24964-137934850561_thumb.jpg

Yes Contrarian, you're right. You always are. Thank you for showing me the way...

[Glad I could be of service... especially since YOU logged onto this site and jumped into this conversation to show all those who received false test result "the way" and how it was essentially their own fault for receiving bogus test results because they chose to test in the 6th yr.]

No not really....Your testing example from Paramedic school is outdated and obsolete as it pertains tot eh PANRE. [You again missed the point... which was... they were forthcoming and corrected the problem instead of remaining silent and blaming the testers like YOU bureaucrats seem to like to do] You incorrectly presume the vast majority of testers were adversly affected. [Again... YOU missed the point. NOWHERE did I suggest that the vast majority of PAs were adversely affected. Hell, I wasn't even affected. What I CORRECTLY stated was that since we ALL have to take this test... WE all should be watching this closely and we ALL should be concerned about the response or lack there-of from the NCCPA.] You fail to recognize this situation is neither unique nor germane soley to the PA profession. [Again... YOU missed the point. YOU failed to realize that it doesn't need to be "Unique" to our profession for it to be of concern to practicing PAs who are required to sit for this test] Your geographic isolation is not grounds to eliminate recertification. [Again... YOU missed the point. NOWHERE did I state that my "geographic isolation is grounds to eliminate recertification." Thing is... even if I had stated it was grounds... it really ain't up to YOU. Personally I don't have a problem with testing. My issue and that of others here seems to be with the transparency of the organization responsible for the testing.

Maybe you don't read much... and therfore need some more practice, but... my mention of my "geographical isolation" was clearly written as part of my reasoning for waiting till yr 6 to test. The discussion about potential test elimination didn't come until much later.] You are extrapolating the scoring error committed and admitted to as a call-to-arms for a referendum to eliminate the PANRE... [Nope... I am affirming the notion that those who wish to discuss this have every right to do so and there may be some validity to their position if the organization responsible doesn't feel a need to be responsive to the folks required to take their test.] I could go on, but I won't anymore....since you've allowed this to degenerate into a picture/name calling affair that sadly, I've succumb to

Yes YOU could go on... but its just likely to be more silly crap...

Argument-is-invalid-cat.jpg

HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO INITIALLY FAILED HAD WAITED UNTIL THE END OF THEIR 6TH YEAR TO INITIATE THE RECERTIFICATION PROCESS?

Here you blame the failures on the test takers. You basically suggest it is their fault because they waited until the 6th yr.

I have no one to blame but myself.

....I have as of yet to meet anyone who has failed a test and said they deserved to fail.

Here you suggest that the folks who recieved false test failure reports because their test were incorrectly scored.... deserved to fail...

Two types of people in the world. Those that take responsibility and those that look for others to be the scapegoats.

Here you suggest/insist that the failure of NCCPA to ensure that the tests were scored correctly is the fault of the test takers and that they should accept responsibility for it.

Sorry the truth hurts. 4....... FOUR chances to take a test that has a fail rate of less than 8%....

Umm... if there is ONLY a 8% fail rate... why NOT wait until the last minute to take it...sicne the likelyhood of failing it (if scored correctly) is so remote...???

Again if someone takes their career so seriously I just can't conceptualize how they would allow themselves to risk everything by waiting till the last minute to secure their livelihood (by taking a Vegas based review course?.... wow talk about being totally focused) . Live responsibly... accidents/mistakes/errors...life happens...be prepared.

So now... its because they took a review course in ... OH MY GOD... V-E-G-A-S...!!!!

Behold... "toolery" at its most exquisite..

Hi, Yes I am one of them, and was wondering the same thing. Now I am waiting for a refund. When I saw my original score, I was shocked and immed felt there was a mistake...NCCPA was so rude to all that went through this and questioned the exam....and now, not even an apology. I am fed up with the whole organization! Were there any people who went from pass to fail after the correction?

I really think that some changes need to be made.....the cme requirements are ridiculous (should all be one general category), and in light of the latest fiasco with the computerized board exam...changes need to be made here as well. Quite frankly, I always found that the Pathway 2 was great because I worked at my own pace, and retained more of what I read to complete the exam. However, I disagree with the need for additional CME and higher cost to qualify to test this way. I think that for our voices to be heard, it will be up to our individual State chapters to band together and approach the NCCPA......any opinions on that?

Not sure... but think they use vendors. As I also recall there are only about 12 real NCCPA employees.

The issue is... NCCPA is ultmately responsible regardless if they themselves scored these in-house or farmed them out.

As in any business... the general contractor (NCCPA) is responsible for the work of the sub-contractors (all vendors they hire).

i have an invitation to call and speak with one of vp's of exam administration at the nccpa. i will be calling either monday or tuesday of this week. if you have any specific questions you'd like me to ask, please send me a pm. i will compile a list of questions and post back with what was said.if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't reply.

Can everyone who received a corrected score on Thursday / Friday still see their new score on the NCCPA web site? I received notice of a revised score and seen those results on my new score on Thursday and Friday. But on Saturday, when I looked at the site my score had been deleted and it now says it is pending.

my new score is still up. i'm assuming you have the original email that says your score was changed? did you save and print your updated results when they were posted?i have all of mine saved in a pdf file.if for some reason your score changes again to fail, i think you should contact an attorney.

I can still see my new passed score. I had previously printed out my old false failed score report. I just saved and printed my updated passed score report after reading this because I do not trust the NCCPA. I also just received a generic email from the NCCPA congratulating me on my updated certification (are you kidding me???) and reminding me that "The only valid proof of NCCPA certification is primary source verification through the NCCPA." I was also reminded to pay for my "certification maintenance fee" which is not due for me until June 30 2013. But I guess they want that money now.

I could not even stomach it. I have not yet asked for my refund of the $350 I already paid them to take the "retake" test again scheduled for November. (Let alone the $ lost/spent in new review materials). I wanted to see if they would take the initiative to apologize and refund my money on their own. Instead I get an email asking for more money????!!!!

Oh and then there was the very professional P.S. at the bottom of my email which I can't help but wonder isn't a scare tactic after all of this..."P.S. In case you are randomly selected for an audit, keep your Category I CME documentation for your current CME cycle and your last CME cycle."

also of note I posted on a different thread...

When I personally first tried calling them at the end of June it was obvious they were aware of a problem. I phoned the general phone # on the NCCPA website. The receptionist who answered the phone was the only one I could ever speak with. She REFUSED to let me speak with anyone regarding the exam. She also slipped up in my opinion by telling me that they were being inundated with phone calls about surprised "failures" lately. It wasn't until I got stern with her stating that it was unacceptable that I was not ALLOWED to speak with anyone at the NCCPA regarding my concerns that she told me I would have to email "Richard Carr". So....they knew of a problem at the very latest back in end-June. And still made us suffer these months. At the very least they should have let us know they were looking into it....

This is interesting because in early August I was in Chicago for PAOS. NCCPA had a booth, and manning the booth was one of the heads for administration of the exam. When I said that there appeared to be a large number of PAs with many years expirience, not only failing the test, but with scores in the 200's since the exam was "revamped" in June. She stated the only change was the number of questions, that the test bank, and the way scored remained the same. When I asked her if there were more people not passing the PANRE, she stated not to her knowledge, but the statistics were compiled quarterly, so it was too soon to tell. I feel now I was lied to, as the NCCPA would've, should've known something was wrong, and just did not want to admit until was "statistically relevent"

The formal presentation on the CAQ is another story for another time

I took the PANRE in Aug. My score was reported to me the NEXT day??? Failed miserably. I was treated as everyone else by the NCCPA. I decided that I would drop the C and quit sending them $$$. My score improved from 207 to 376 after rescore. That left me 3 points shy of passing an invalid test. My feedback by content did not appear to change. I would consider it a minimal amends if they would pass me but I don't see that happening. I do not think I should have to pay for a retest if I have to take it. I am still not sure if I want to recert or not at this point. I agree that action should be taken. Count me and my wife in.

Here you blame the failures on the test takers. You basically suggest it is their fault because they waited until the 6th yr.

Here you suggest that the folks who recieved false test failure reports because their test were incorrectly scored.... deserved to fail...

Here you suggest/insist that the failure of NCCPA to ensure that the tests were scored correctly is the fault of the test takers and that they should accept responsibility for it.

Umm... if there is ONLY a 8% fail rate... why NOT wait until the last minute to take it...sicne the likelyhood of failing it (if scored correctly) is so remote...???

So now... its because they took a review course in ... OH MY GOD... V-E-G-A-S...!!!!

Behold... "toolery" at its most exquisite..

not often but it happens - I agree with you C!! Lipper is a bit out of touch with reality...

I would be curious to know if Certified Medical Educators know about what has recently been revealed. I think they offer a free seminar to those that take their review course and fail the exam. If I were in that kind of business, I'd be P.Oed if I had to give folks a free seminar based on improper scoring.

For Clarity...

I AGREE with the few here (Including Lipper) who think there isn't much "meat" in a NCCPA suit. My contention was with where blame was placed and the way it was being expressed.

While I really can't see folks gettting much more than re-imbursed for extraneous fees incurred related to certification after the false scores were reported... I do think that pursuing a civil suit would/could have the positive benefit of effectively putting the NCCPA on notice... and encourage them to be a bit more responsive and proactive when dealing with the livelyhoods of those required to sit for their tests, or log CMEs or send them cash.

We will see.

Archived