interview invitations?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you sheagee for the input, haha I guess my forst concern should be getting an interview before I worry about that. But it is good to know.

How did the first round of interviews go for all of you who went on Monday. I know there is another batch on Monday again. Anyone who went could you give the format of what you went through. How many students, do you interview alone or with other prospective students and how intense was it? Any thoughts would be great.

As for others who may already attend the school how difficult is it to get to PACE from Grand Central or Penn Station?

Okay that is all for now I hope all are well.

Ah even that YMCA is too much. I need like 60-80/night, I am way in debt from flying to now my 3rd interview. I need to stay outside of Manhattan but somewhere I can get easily to Pace by my 8:30 interview time. Please any recommendations would be a life saver! I don't want to end up in a bad neighborhood or inconveniently far from Pace.

Ah even that YMCA is too much. I need like 60-80/night, I am way in debt from flying to now my 3rd interview. I need to stay outside of Manhattan but somewhere I can get easily to Pace by my 8:30 interview time. Please any recommendations would be a life saver! I don't want to end up in a bad neighborhood or inconveniently far from Pace.

Try asking the school is there is a current student you can stay with for the night before your interview. You'll probably be on a couch or air mattress but it'll be cheap and a great way to ask a current student questions. Good luck

Thanks for the advice but I'm bringing my GF up and staying for 3 days.

Should I stay in Newark NJ? Will it be hard to make it to my 8:30 AM interview at PACE in time?

NY is an expensive city. You can stay in a hostel, those will be in your price range. As long as you're near a subway stop you can get anywhere. As far as Newark you can either take the path train if there is a stop or there is a bus from Newark airport to Port Authority and then you just take the subway downtown.

I second what dncntaz said. you can pretty much get anywhere on the subway. Just make sure you give yourself enough time. Google maps actually lets you map out routes via public transportation and approximate what time you will arrive, which might be helpful. I've found some cheaper priced NYC area hotels using priceline.com, but that can be tricky. Hostels are good.

To get to NYC from NJ you can take the path http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html or njtransit to get downtown then the subway to get to Pace http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm. Again, google maps will let you know exactly which train to get on and where. Good luck!

Thanks all, I found a 15 min cab drive away hotel in Long Island for about 105 a night. Flight leaves tomorrow after my microbiology class... man oh man... it is going to be crazy.. good luck everyone else coming in on 17th!

I don't know what hotel you found, but there is no where in Long Island that would get you to Pace in 15 minutes. Plus you will have to deal with a lot of traffic and it will cost you a lot for a cab, plus tolls. If you already booked the hotel I would suggest the Long Island Railroad. Otherwise either change your reservation or plan on giving yourself a lot of extra time to get there.

Yeah, in Manhattan, 15miles can take over an hour by car. If you can't change hotels, make sure you give yourself a lot of time to get there. Also, take the LIRR vs a cab for sure. You will spend crazy amounts of money on a cab and might not make it there in time. At least with the LIRR you have a relatively reliable schedule and will have an idea of when you'd arrive in Manhattan.

I am right by Central Park so what is the station I get on and which one do I get off for Pace?

Use this: http://newyork.hopstop.com/

Since it seems like you've never been to NY before I would suggest you trying out your route the day/night before to see how long it takes you. Also, if you're right by central park then you are in Manhattan, not Long Island.

Archived