interview invitations?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepted!! Congrats to all others who got accepted this week - if you have not yet, think good thoughts, your acceptance letter is on the way!!

I am fortunate enough that I got into my two top choices. Pace is awesome but the one unfortunate thing is it is considerably more expensive than the other program I am considering. I have to sit down this week over Thanksgiving break and crunch some numbers before making a final decision. That being said I was VERY impressed with the program. Every first year and graduate that helped out was very helpful and had nothing but positive things to say about the program. They seemed very much team players and everyone seems to look out for each other. The anatomy at NYU sounds awesome and the professors seem to have an excellent reputation. The campus is fairly nice and the program seems very intense and well organized. The only one downer is that the anatomy is prosected instead of you just getting the whole body, and the program is a good $20K more expensive than the average program.

ADVICE FOR INTERVIEWERS:

- The entire visit is 4 hours and consists of two 1 on 1 fairly short interviews, a group discussion, some essays, and a quick (and I do mean quick) tour.

- I found the interviews fairly laid back without any questions that really threw me for a loop. Just try to relax and above all be yourself. So long as you know about the PA profession and why you want to go to Pace you are more than well prepared.

- The essays and group discussion were also very straight forward, nothing tricky or difficult about them, just go and be honest and you will be absolutely fine. So long as you are going into this profession for the right reasons you will be fine.

- Go early and find the building - it is NOT in the main Pace building, so make sure you get there early.

- Eat breakfast before (there are only about 900 Starbucks within 1 mile) because all they have there is coffee, bottled water and a few finger foods.

- Ask as many questions as you can - you get to talk to graduates and first year students. One of the graduates was particularly helpful and I recommend asking any question you want because they enjoy helping you out. The first years were also very open and encouraging.

Good luck all.

Accepted!! Congrats to all others who got accepted this week - if you have not yet, think good thoughts, your acceptance letter is on the way!!

I am fortunate enough that I got into my two top choices. Pace is awesome but the one unfortunate thing is it is considerably more expensive than the other program I am considering. I have to sit down this week over Thanksgiving break and crunch some numbers before making a final decision. That being said I was VERY impressed with the program. Every first year and graduate that helped out was very helpful and had nothing but positive things to say about the program. They seemed very much team players and everyone seems to look out for each other. The anatomy at NYU sounds awesome and the professors seem to have an excellent reputation. The campus is fairly nice and the program seems very intense and well organized. The only one downer is that the anatomy is prosected instead of you just getting the whole body, and the program is a good $20K more expensive than the average program.

ADVICE FOR INTERVIEWERS:

- The entire visit is 4 hours and consists of two 1 on 1 fairly short interviews, a group discussion, some essays, and a quick (and I do mean quick) tour.

- I found the interviews fairly laid back without any questions that really threw me for a loop. Just try to relax and above all be yourself. So long as you know about the PA profession and why you want to go to Pace you are more than well prepared.

- The essays and group discussion were also very straight forward, nothing tricky or difficult about them, just go and be honest and you will be absolutely fine. So long as you are going into this profession for the right reasons you will be fine.

- Go early and find the building - it is NOT in the main Pace building, so make sure you get there early.

- Eat breakfast before (there are only about 900 Starbucks within 1 mile) because all they have there is coffee, bottled water and a few finger foods.

- Ask as many questions as you can - you get to talk to graduates and first year students. One of the graduates was particularly helpful and I recommend asking any question you want because they enjoy helping you out. The first years were also very open and encouraging.

Good luck all.

When did you interview? I interviewed on Nov 8th and am hoping for a letter soon! Did you get an email or an actual letter?

I had my interview on Nov. 17th in the morning session and I received an email on the 19th accepting me :) They said they are sending out an official letter this week. I have 3 more interviews so I have to think about accepting but I thought the interview process, the faculty and the program was really great.

Congratulations to everyone that had interviews and hopefully everyone can get in to where they want! Good luck everyone

-Justin

Laywa-

I will be at the afternoon session. So incredibly excited about it.

General Question Anyone feel free to answer

Does anyone know how many students they accept. It says fifty, but then I read somewhere else that the fifty was total students in the program which included both first and second year students. Does anyone know the correct answer to this? I am going to try and find it again on the website.

Hi all! I just got an interview offer (12/8 afternoon) and was wondering -- has anyone been able to find a great and CHEAP hotel in the area? All I seem to find are $200+ rooms. I was even looking into the YMCA hostels (http://www.ymcanyc.org/vanderbilt/guest-rooms/accommodations/) but some of the TripAdvisor reviews were scaring me. :P Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Laywa-

I will be at the afternoon session. So incredibly excited about it.

General Question Anyone feel free to answer

Does anyone know how many students they accept. It says fifty, but then I read somewhere else that the fifty was total students in the program which included both first and second year students. Does anyone know the correct answer to this? I am going to try and find it again on the website.

Hi activebug, I'm interviewing during the same session as you, and equally excited. Can't wait, and good luck!

Hi all! I just got an interview offer (12/8 afternoon) and was wondering -- has anyone been able to find a great and CHEAP hotel in the area? All I seem to find are $200+ rooms. I was even looking into the YMCA hostels (http://www.ymcanyc.org/vanderbilt/guest-rooms/accommodations/) but some of the TripAdvisor reviews were scaring me. :P Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Well if the interview is at 1 Pace Plaza you will be close to the 2,3 (red) and the 4,5 (green) lines. So you can find a cheap place in Brooklyn right next to those subway lines. 15-20 min ride depending where you stay in Brooklyn. Another option would be getting a hotel in Queens or Nassau County and take the Long Island Rail Road. That will take you to Penn station and from there you can take a subway down to Pace. Depending on where your hotel is it will take you 30-45 min to get to PENN then another 15 on the subway. If you have any questions just ask me. Good Luck!

Archived