A MD supports the PA name change

Too bad this will prevent most PAs from contributing....

how so? if a state said we need 10,000 dollars to make this work what would prevent all 1000 pa's in the state from sending in 10 bucks as a "voluntary contribution". I've spent a lot more than that on the name change issue so far....

I guess I was just thinking about the state organizations and the AAPA. From what I've gathered (albeit on an internet forum...) many PAs have lost quite a bit of faith in these groups and many have even said they have withdrawn their funding. If this is true I can't see many PAs sending in money for this (because while I think many PAs are for the name change asking people to cough up some cash is always a challenge). And even though people always say their going to donate, many still don't. People like money. They like keeping it. The nursing organizations have a ton of money because they have millions of followers. Also, 10,000 seems pretty darn cheap to me! Everyone was saying how expensive it would be! That's a drop in the bucket!

Sure, if every PA were to send in their share then it wouldn't be such a big deal. But how many actually will donate??

I guess I was just thinking about the state organizations and the AAPA. From what I've gathered (albeit on an internet forum...) many PAs have lost quite a bit of faith in these groups and many have even said they have withdrawn their funding. If this is true I can't see many PAs sending in money for this (because while I think many PAs are for the name change asking people to cough up some cash is always a challenge). And even though people always say their going to donate, many still don't. People like money. They like keeping it. The nursing organizations have a ton of money because they have millions of followers. Also, 10,000 seems pretty darn cheap to me! Everyone was saying how expensive it would be! That's a drop in the bucket!

Sure, if every PA were to send in their share then it wouldn't be such a big deal. But how many actually will donate??

Who knows. We're probably looking at- at least- 5000 PAs in support by the end September, at the rate responses are coming in.

If each state chapter or the AAPA had a dedicated donation like they do for the PA foundation or scholarships etc "this money will be used solely for the name change initiative" I think we'd get a great response.

If each state chapter or the AAPA had a dedicated donation like they do for the PA foundation or scholarships etc "this money will be used solely for the name change initiative" I think we'd get a great response.

That's a good idea. I think that would actually get many more people on board with donating. Go for it... someone...!!

a cosmetic name change is cheap. the hard part is convincing folks of this. many states changed from physician's assistant to physician assistant( even within the last yr VT did this) and the world didn't end. no one "opened up " their practice legislation and made them lose rx rights or anything else that the naysayers think will happen with a name change.

Archived