Salus Interviews?

Guest jesse0081

Per the director to our class, we heard that this past cycle we received 1700 applicants for our 40 seats. They are currently pulling off of the waiting list, there are around 30 on that list. 41 people have paid the deposit and two have backed out to go to another school, at least one will come off of the waiting list, probably more, so don't loose hope.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I was considering applying now for the 2011 matriculation date. I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on my situation? I would be applying with a science GPA right under a 3.0 (2.98) I know this means I will have to take the GREs, I am ok with that. I just am wondering if you have heard of anyone getting in with under the 3.0 GPA or should I wait a year?

What is your overall GPA and how much HCE do you have?

Hi p911!

my overall GPA is 3.2. I have about 3,000 hours as an EMT. I am also coming from the USP PA program (undergrad program, which allows you to sit for an interview with PCOM) I interviewed last year as a junior at PCOM because you are allowed to (its a 3 +2) program but long story short I didn't get in because my science was a 3.0 and now I hadn't been able to bring it up due to a lot of family issues this past semester. Either way, This year I am allowed to apply else where and not just PCOM, I am just worried that my grades aren't good enough even though I have worked very hard for the USP program the past 3 years and I feel like it might be in vain. I WILL be a PA someday, I just want it to be soon. Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for askin.

• 1 month later...

I got an email too around 11:30am (west coast time, so same as you Mochalyte!). I called their number and got through on the first time. The lady I spoke to said I was the 2nd person she'd talked to, so I'm sure they were flooded with phone calls. I'm interviewing on Sept 7th! Anyone else that day?

I'm so excited!

Ksheak,

The Salus website says to contact them before applying if you have a GPA lower than a 3.0. I'd do that and explain your situtation. See what they say :)

Samina,

I'm interviewing at Salus, I think thats what you were asking. I'm super excited and I have another interview the day after.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to prepare. I think I'll get my friends and family to give me some mock interviews and maybe get a professor to give me one also. And then I'm off to Philadelphia!

Anyone have any suggestions for preparing? Mock interviews and anything else?

congrats guys! I'm really excited about Salus...I can't wait to hear back from them. When did you guys submit CASPA and when did you get an email from Salus saying that they received your app? I submitted CASPA 7/9 and Salus emailed me that they received it on 7/22...

Hey Kit-Kat,

I tried again today and got through. They gave me a few dates, so I am currently trying to figure out when I can get up there since I am coming from Florida. I have an interview with UMDNJ on September 2nd so I think I will be going to the Aug 31st interview.

I don't know if you or anyone else is from the Philly area. Would you all recommend taking the amtrak from philly to jersey? What about hotels? Have any of you found any close ones to Salus?

Thanks in advance! :) Congrats and good luck to everyone on their interviews! :)

Not *exactly* sure what you mean by non-traditional hours? Maybe you mean stuff like this: My hours are almost entirely shadowing PAs and MDs, phlebotomy student clinicals, a music therapy internship and volunteer work (hospital, Special Olympics, American Cancer Society driver), for a grand total around 1000 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived