Salus Interviews?

Guest jesse0081

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new PD is real old school, that's a good start in my book. FWIW

Lesh

you're not kidding..I know vause from way back when he was a Federal bureau of prisons recruiter. I thought he was still at nova naples as an academic coordinator but it looks like they have brought him up to the majors....this is going to be one kick butt program with him in charge....

I pity the fool who get's caught cheating at this program....anyone see "officer and a gentleman"? remember when richard gere sells belt buckles on the side and gets caught by lou gossett jr? that would be mild compared to what vause would do....I can even hear him say it; johnny cheater boy, I WANT YOUR D.O.R."

you're not kidding..I know vause from way back when he was a Federal bureau of prisons recruiter. I thought he was still at nova naples as an academic coordinator but it looks like they have brought him up to the majors....this is going to be one kick butt program with him in charge....

I pity the fool who get's caught cheating at this program....anyone see "officer and a gentleman"? remember when richard gere sells belt buckles on the side and gets caught by lou gossett jr? that would be mild compared to what vause would do....I can even hear him say it; johnny cheater boy, I WANT YOUR D.O.R."

I definitely got that sense from him in the interview and I really look forward to learning from him because of it. He told us that the main reason that he got into PA education was because he wanted to make damn sure that the PA's who would be treating him some day knew what they were doing, and if that's the case then I know I'll be a great PA when I get out into the world.

So excited!

Guest jesse0081

I called them today and they said they are just waiting for my fall grades (chem 1). I'm glad I called because now I know not to expect anything until the semester is over, which means I don't have to check my email every 5 minutes and attack the mailman when he's on my street.

Talked to the ADcom and my addendum essay was never processed and then the letter in the mail states that I am missing CHEM 1 lab, which the admissions office emailed me saying they would use my biochem or organic chem lab to take the place of this. I guess I will just print that email and my addendum essay and physically mail it instead of emailing it. I am glad I called, because I wouldn't want to be rejected because of a miscommunication.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I was just wondering how everyones interviews are going at Salus?

Had an interview on the 13th of November and have yet to hear anything about a rejection or acceptance. Not sure if I'm going to attend if I am accepted though. Nice school but it didn't feel right to me. I have been accepted to another that did so not too worried. Maybe the bad feeling comes from me forgetting my running shoes there and phone charger in Denver after a delayed flight left me stranded. :confused: I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. Was there anything specific that didn't feel right to you? I have an interview there this Monday November 30th. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I just got denied and I think the reason is because I didn't have a lot of experience before I interviewed. The interviews went well but oh well. Philadelphia is a ghetto, not the whole thing but a lot of it. I enjoyed my visit but to bring my two kids there is a little nerve racking especially when I'll be in school all the time leaving my family alone. Elkins Park is nice but even that place has ghetto areas it seems. I've already been accepted to two other schools and have decided to take Idaho State University in Boise so I'm pretty excited. The school has a good reputation around here and I have family in Boise. So, not to make Salus sound bad but it just wasn't right for my family. I think this will make you feel better though after everything I just said, but everyone I talked to there at the campus loves the school. While you're there, get a cheesesteak, they are delish!

Guest Britannia2214

I can't exactly remember the date but my interview was in October, and I was the first group... I thought the interview was extremely laid back and when I sat in on a class I felt so comfortable there. How was everyone else's experience?? And congrats AR1228!!! I get more excited about PA school each day! :) Who's ready to start a facebook group!? haha

What is Salus pance pass rate?

http://www.salus.edu/news/persp_pdf/salutations2009/2009November.DecemberNewsletter.pdf

100% for the inaugural class.

I wonder if maybe they don't have to report back further than this since they haven't been "Salus" very long. My guess is that more data is buried in the archived news somewhere:

http://www.salus.edu/news/old_perspectives.htm

You can always call them--they are required to make those stats public.

I'm guessing not passing your boards would be the least of your problems. Dr. vause would hunt you down and kill you because you made the stats look bad for HIS program:eek:;):D

Yeah he seemed pretty bad ***, but in a good way. Definitely had that intimidation factor to him, but seems like a cool guy as well.

Archived